Transfer favorites folder

kdhenry

Transfer favorites folder
I am upgrading from Vista IE8 to Win-7 IE8. I have a folder from past
versions of IE which I call Favorites-OLD (also contains sub-folders).
I want to place this folder in a place where IE8 in Win-7 can use them but
cannot find the appropriate location.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you
kdhenry

Re: Transfer favorites folder
Are you doing an In-Place Upgrade?

"kdhenry" <no one@home.net> wrote in message
> No way!
> I always do a new installation from scratch
>
> kdhenry

>> Are you doing an In-Place Upgrade?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> kdhenry wrote:
>>> I am upgrading from Vista IE8 to Win-7 IE8. I have a folder from past
>>> versions of IE which I call Favorites-OLD (also contains sub-folders).
>>> I want to place this folder in a place where IE8 in Win-7 can use them
>>> but
>>> cannot find the appropriate location.
>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>> thank you
>>> kdhenry

Re: Transfer favorites folder
First, you'll want to export your Vista bookmarks so that you can then
import them into IE8 running on your Win7 computer; cf.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ernet-Explorer

Assuming Favorites-OLD is an HTM (or HTML) file, place a copy of
Favorites-OLD in, say, My Documents folder on the Win7 computer.

Now open Favorites-OLD.HTM (or Favorites-OLD.HTML) and use the keyboard
shortcut CTRL+D to add it to IE's Favorites folder. After doing so, you'll
find Favorites-OLD listed in Favorites Center.
--
~PA Bear

kdhenry wrote:
> No way!
> I always do a new installation from scratch
>
>> Are you doing an In-Place Upgrade?
>>
>> kdhenry wrote:
>>> I am upgrading from Vista IE8 to Win-7 IE8. I have a folder from past
>>> versions of IE which I call Favorites-OLD (also contains sub-folders).
>>> I want to place this folder in a place where IE8 in Win-7 can use them
>>> but
>>> cannot find the appropriate location.

kdhenry

Re: Transfer favorites folder
No way!
I always do a new installation from scratch

kdhenry

> Are you doing an In-Place Upgrade?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> kdhenry wrote:
>> I am upgrading from Vista IE8 to Win-7 IE8. I have a folder from past
>> versions of IE which I call Favorites-OLD (also contains sub-folders).
>> I want to place this folder in a place where IE8 in Win-7 can use them
>> but
>> cannot find the appropriate location.
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> thank you
>> kdhenry

kdhenry

Re: Transfer favorites folder
Favorites-OLD is actually a folder with sub-folders.
I'm not sure how I got it to work but it is now available in IE8.

Thank you for your feedback, it is truly appreciated

kdhenry