Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE8- application hang

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2010
sham786
 

Posts: n/a
IE8- application hang

hello im having problems with my internet explorer 8 its hangs and then
freeezes, i then have to go to the task manager and end the process
through there

my system specs are:
window 7 home premium
32 bit
2 gb ram
intel core duo cpu 2.2 ghz

normally i have this problem once i restart internet explorer its fine
but today it would constantly freeze everytime i opened a new browser
page and went to youtube.com

i reinstalled the adobe browse in
i reset the brower
i scanned with my norton virus, microsoft essentials and oncecare
scanner which didnt reveal any problems

heres the event log i found:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 25/05/2010 14:51:50
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Anisah-PC
Description:
The program Explorer.EXE version 6.1.7600.16450 stopped interacting
with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the
problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center
control panel.
Process ID: c3c
Start Time: 01cafc03fffebd22
Termination Time: 60000
Application Path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
Report Id: 786dc133-6804-11df-8257-0024e8ca0cb3

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-05-25T13:51:50.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>579</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Anisah-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Explorer.EXE</Data>
<Data>6.1.7600.16450</Data>
<Data>c3c</Data>
<Data>01cafc03fffebd22</Data>
<Data>60000</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE</Data>
<Data>786dc133-6804-11df-8257-0024e8ca0cb3</Data>
<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

any help would be much appreciated thank you


--
sham786
Posted via http://www.win7heads.com

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2010
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8- application hang
Hi,
> i reinstalled the adobe browse in


Does this mean you reinstalled Flash Player?

Regardless, try this:
Uninstall Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
Save the uninstaller file, right-click> run as administrator.
Restart.

Flash player download:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
Save the installer file, right-click> run as administrator.
Restart.

More: Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_19166

Also, this:
> The program Explorer.EXE version 6.1.7600.16450 stopped interacting
> with Windows and was closed.


refers to Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer. Are you having other
problems, not related to Internet Explorer?

-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"sham786" <sham786.4bqokj@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com> wrote in message
news:sham786.4bqokj@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com...
>
> hello im having problems with my internet explorer 8 its hangs and then
> freeezes, i then have to go to the task manager and end the process
> through there
>
> my system specs are:
> window 7 home premium
> 32 bit
> 2 gb ram
> intel core duo cpu 2.2 ghz
>
> normally i have this problem once i restart internet explorer its fine
> but today it would constantly freeze everytime i opened a new browser
> page and went to youtube.com
>
> i reinstalled the adobe browse in
> i reset the brower
> i scanned with my norton virus, microsoft essentials and oncecare
> scanner which didnt reveal any problems
>
> heres the event log i found:
>
> Log Name: Application
> Source: Application Hang
> Date: 25/05/2010 14:51:50
> Event ID: 1002
> Task Category: (101)
> Level: Error
> Keywords: Classic
> User: N/A
> Computer: Anisah-PC
> Description:
> The program Explorer.EXE version 6.1.7600.16450 stopped interacting
> with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the
> problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center
> control panel.
> Process ID: c3c
> Start Time: 01cafc03fffebd22
> Termination Time: 60000
> Application Path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
> Report Id: 786dc133-6804-11df-8257-0024e8ca0cb3
>
> Event Xml:
> <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
> <System>
> <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
> <Level>2</Level>
> <Task>101</Task>
> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-05-25T13:51:50.000000000Z" />
> <EventRecordID>579</EventRecordID>
> <Channel>Application</Channel>
> <Computer>Anisah-PC</Computer>
> <Security />
> </System>
> <EventData>
> <Data>Explorer.EXE</Data>
> <Data>6.1.7600.16450</Data>
> <Data>c3c</Data>
> <Data>01cafc03fffebd22</Data>
> <Data>60000</Data>
> <Data>C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE</Data>
> <Data>786dc133-6804-11df-8257-0024e8ca0cb3</Data>
> <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
> </EventData>
> </Event>
>
> any help would be much appreciated thank you
>
>
> -
> sham786
> Posted via http://www.win7heads.com



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010
mechanic_1949
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IE8- application hang
I also have this problem, what is the fix?

"sham786" wrote:

>
> hello im having problems with my internet explorer 8 its hangs and then
> freeezes, i then have to go to the task manager and end the process
> through there
>
> my system specs are:
> window 7 home premium
> 32 bit
> 2 gb ram
> intel core duo cpu 2.2 ghz
>
> normally i have this problem once i restart internet explorer its fine
> but today it would constantly freeze everytime i opened a new browser
> page and went to youtube.com
>
> i reinstalled the adobe browse in
> i reset the brower
> i scanned with my norton virus, microsoft essentials and oncecare
> scanner which didnt reveal any problems
>
> heres the event log i found:
>
> Log Name: Application
> Source: Application Hang
> Date: 25/05/2010 14:51:50
> Event ID: 1002
> Task Category: (101)
> Level: Error
> Keywords: Classic
> User: N/A
> Computer: Anisah-PC
> Description:
> The program Explorer.EXE version 6.1.7600.16450 stopped interacting
> with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the
> problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center
> control panel.
> Process ID: c3c
> Start Time: 01cafc03fffebd22
> Termination Time: 60000
> Application Path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
> Report Id: 786dc133-6804-11df-8257-0024e8ca0cb3
>
> Event Xml:
> <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
> <System>
> <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
> <Level>2</Level>
> <Task>101</Task>
> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-05-25T13:51:50.000000000Z" />
> <EventRecordID>579</EventRecordID>
> <Channel>Application</Channel>
> <Computer>Anisah-PC</Computer>
> <Security />
> </System>
> <EventData>
> <Data>Explorer.EXE</Data>
> <Data>6.1.7600.16450</Data>
> <Data>c3c</Data>
> <Data>01cafc03fffebd22</Data>
> <Data>60000</Data>
> <Data>C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE</Data>
> <Data>786dc133-6804-11df-8257-0024e8ca0cb3</Data>
> <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
> </EventData>
> </Event>
>
> any help would be much appreciated thank you
>
>
> --
> sham786
> Posted via http://www.win7heads.com
>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010
sham786
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8- application hang

hey i uninstalled and reinstalled the flashplayer yesterday but the
problem still occured even when i was on other sites such as facebook,
banking online, google

as for errors i have loads of them in event view

ranging from application error to application hang to application
virtalisation

this is the application error log when internet explorer gets hang up

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 25/05/2010 17:48:57
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Anisah-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time
stamp: 0x4a5bc69e
Faulting module name: mshtml.dll, version: 8.0.7600.16535, time stamp:
0x4b83889f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001bb1d2
Faulting process id: 0x830
Faulting application start time: 0x01cafc295383f336
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\iexplore.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\mshtml.dll
Report Id: 68c0ad97-681d-11df-824e-0024e8ca0cb3
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-05-25T16:48:57.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>885</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Anisah-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>iexplore.exe</Data>
<Data>8.0.7600.16385</Data>
<Data>4a5bc69e</Data>
<Data>mshtml.dll</Data>
<Data>8.0.7600.16535</Data>
<Data>4b83889f</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>001bb1d2</Data>
<Data>830</Data>
<Data>01cafc295383f336</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\System32\mshtml.dll</Data>
<Data>68c0ad97-681d-11df-824e-0024e8ca0cb3</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>


this is the application hang log
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 29/05/2010 20:09:26
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Anisah-PC
Description:
The program iexplore.exe version 8.0.7600.16385 stopped interacting
with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the
problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center
control panel.
Process ID: 1b8
Start Time: 01caff61d2d5fee2
Termination Time: 0
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Report Id: abcae267-6b55-11df-9476-0024e8ca0cb3

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-05-29T19:09:26.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>3123</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Anisah-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>iexplore.exe</Data>
<Data>8.0.7600.16385</Data>
<Data>1b8</Data>
<Data>01caff61d2d5fee2</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</Data>
<Data>abcae267-6b55-11df-9476-0024e8ca0cb3</Data>

<Binary>430072006F00730073002D00700072006F00630065 007300730000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

other than the internet explorer freezing im having no problems with my
pc


--
sham786
Posted via http://www.win7heads.com

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2010
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8- application hang
Hi,
1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on
the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

2. Are both Norton and Microsoft Security Essentials loading at startup and
running in the background full-time?
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]


"sham786" <sham786.4bs19d@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com> wrote in message
news:sham786.4bs19d@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com...
>
> hey i uninstalled and reinstalled the flashplayer yesterday but the
> problem still occured even when i was on other sites such as facebook,
> banking online, google
>
> as for errors i have loads of them in event view
>
> ranging from application error to application hang to application
> virtalisation
>
> this is the application error log when internet explorer gets hang up
>
> Log Name: Application
> Source: Application Error
> Date: 25/05/2010 17:48:57
> Event ID: 1000
> Task Category: (100)
> Level: Error
> Keywords: Classic
> User: N/A
> Computer: Anisah-PC
> Description:
> Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time
> stamp: 0x4a5bc69e
> Faulting module name: mshtml.dll, version: 8.0.7600.16535, time stamp:
> 0x4b83889f
> Exception code: 0xc0000005
> Fault offset: 0x001bb1d2
> Faulting process id: 0x830
> Faulting application start time: 0x01cafc295383f336
> Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\iexplore.exe
> Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\mshtml.dll
> Report Id: 68c0ad97-681d-11df-824e-0024e8ca0cb3
> Event Xml:
> <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
> <System>
> <Provider Name="Application Error" />
> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
> <Level>2</Level>
> <Task>100</Task>
> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-05-25T16:48:57.000000000Z" />
> <EventRecordID>885</EventRecordID>
> <Channel>Application</Channel>
> <Computer>Anisah-PC</Computer>
> <Security />
> </System>
> <EventData>
> <Data>iexplore.exe</Data>
> <Data>8.0.7600.16385</Data>
> <Data>4a5bc69e</Data>
> <Data>mshtml.dll</Data>
> <Data>8.0.7600.16535</Data>
> <Data>4b83889f</Data>
> <Data>c0000005</Data>
> <Data>001bb1d2</Data>
> <Data>830</Data>
> <Data>01cafc295383f336</Data>
> <Data>C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</Data>
> <Data>C:\Windows\System32\mshtml.dll</Data>
> <Data>68c0ad97-681d-11df-824e-0024e8ca0cb3</Data>
> </EventData>
> </Event>
>
>
> this is the application hang log
> Log Name: Application
> Source: Application Hang
> Date: 29/05/2010 20:09:26
> Event ID: 1002
> Task Category: (101)
> Level: Error
> Keywords: Classic
> User: N/A
> Computer: Anisah-PC
> Description:
> The program iexplore.exe version 8.0.7600.16385 stopped interacting
> with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the
> problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center
> control panel.
> Process ID: 1b8
> Start Time: 01caff61d2d5fee2
> Termination Time: 0
> Application Path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
> Report Id: abcae267-6b55-11df-9476-0024e8ca0cb3
>
> Event Xml:
> <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
> <System>
> <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
> <Level>2</Level>
> <Task>101</Task>
> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-05-29T19:09:26.000000000Z" />
> <EventRecordID>3123</EventRecordID>
> <Channel>Application</Channel>
> <Computer>Anisah-PC</Computer>
> <Security />
> </System>
> <EventData>
> <Data>iexplore.exe</Data>
> <Data>8.0.7600.16385</Data>
> <Data>1b8</Data>
> <Data>01caff61d2d5fee2</Data>
> <Data>0</Data>
> <Data>C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</Data>
> <Data>abcae267-6b55-11df-9476-0024e8ca0cb3</Data>
>
>

<Binary>430072006F00730073002D00700072006F00630065 007300730000000000</Binary
>
> </EventData>
> </Event>
>
> other than the internet explorer freezing im having no problems with my
> pc



"Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
news:Oa2LR73$KHA.2332@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> > i reinstalled the adobe browse in

>
> Does this mean you reinstalled Flash Player?
>
> Regardless, try this:
> Uninstall Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
> Save the uninstaller file, right-click> run as administrator.
> Restart.
>
> Flash player download:
> http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
> Save the installer file, right-click> run as administrator.
> Restart.
>
> More: Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows:
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_19166
>
> Also, this:
> > The program Explorer.EXE version 6.1.7600.16450 stopped interacting
> > with Windows and was closed.

>
> refers to Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer. Are you having other
> problems, not related to Internet Explorer?



> "sham786" <sham786.4bqokj@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com> wrote in message
> news:sham786.4bqokj@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com...
> >
> > hello im having problems with my internet explorer 8 its hangs and then
> > freeezes, i then have to go to the task manager and end the process
> > through there
> >
> > my system specs are:
> > window 7 home premium
> > 32 bit
> > 2 gb ram
> > intel core duo cpu 2.2 ghz
> >
> > normally i have this problem once i restart internet explorer its fine
> > but today it would constantly freeze everytime i opened a new browser
> > page and went to youtube.com
> >
> > i reinstalled the adobe browse in
> > i reset the brower
> > i scanned with my norton virus, microsoft essentials and oncecare
> > scanner which didnt reveal any problems
> >
> > heres the event log i found:
> >
> > Log Name: Application
> > Source: Application Hang
> > Date: 25/05/2010 14:51:50
> > Event ID: 1002
> > Task Category: (101)
> > Level: Error
> > Keywords: Classic
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: Anisah-PC
> > Description:
> > The program Explorer.EXE version 6.1.7600.16450 stopped interacting
> > with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the
> > problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center
> > control panel.
> > Process ID: c3c
> > Start Time: 01cafc03fffebd22
> > Termination Time: 60000
> > Application Path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
> > Report Id: 786dc133-6804-11df-8257-0024e8ca0cb3
> >
> > Event Xml:
> > <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
> > <System>
> > <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
> > <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
> > <Level>2</Level>
> > <Task>101</Task>
> > <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
> > <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-05-25T13:51:50.000000000Z" />
> > <EventRecordID>579</EventRecordID>
> > <Channel>Application</Channel>
> > <Computer>Anisah-PC</Computer>
> > <Security />
> > </System>
> > <EventData>
> > <Data>Explorer.EXE</Data>
> > <Data>6.1.7600.16450</Data>
> > <Data>c3c</Data>
> > <Data>01cafc03fffebd22</Data>
> > <Data>60000</Data>
> > <Data>C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE</Data>
> > <Data>786dc133-6804-11df-8257-0024e8ca0cb3</Data>
> > <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
> > </EventData>
> > </Event>
> >
> > any help would be much appreciated thank you


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: IE going online causes application launch to hang PA Bear [MS MVP] microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 4 04-12-2009 21:14
Application Hang JSmith microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 3 01-16-2009 21:58
Application hang Jonny Bergdahl microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 6 09-25-2008 22:54
WMI code causes application hang when IWbemLocator::ConnectServer is executed KAY Windows Vista Software Development 0 02-22-2008 03:03
Application Event 1530 causes system to hang or randonly reboot =?Utf-8?B?cGF4aW11cw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 04-18-2007 19:38




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:27.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120