IE will not access Windows update page

ZippyPC is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IE will not access Windows update page
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
browser address shows: <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com>

"updates are ready for your computer "KB952069" will not install and notification continues to pop up after automatic updates says "Installation Compete"

Dell Mini 1010
Windows XP Home 32bit SP3
1gb RAM

I cannot access Microsoft Windows Updates. All other sites work just fine.
Original issue: Could not install any programs
Software ran: Malwarebytes, Adaware, Spybot, Trojan Remover and CCleaner

After finding various critters affecting PC, all seemed well, Untill I attempted to apply updates.

Ran chkdsk: did not solve issue
uninstalled IE, Kaspersky 2010: did not solve issue
Reinstalled IE: did not solve issue
disabled automatic updates and reboot: did not solve issue

Any ideas?
Rob

Re: IE will not access Windows update page
ZippyPC <ZippyPC.4bops5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
> browser address shows: <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com>
>
> "updates are ready for your computer "KB952069" will not install and
> notification continues to pop up after automatic updates says
> "Installation Compete"
>
> Dell Mini 1010
> Windows XP Home 32bit SP3
> 1gb RAM
>
> I cannot access Microsoft Windows Updates. All other sites work just
> fine.
> Original issue: Could not install any programs
> Software ran: Malwarebytes, Adaware, Spybot, Trojan Remover and
> CCleaner
>
> After finding various critters affecting PC, all seemed well, Untill I
> attempted to apply updates.
>
> Ran chkdsk: did not solve issue
> uninstalled IE, Kaspersky 2010: did not solve issue
> Reinstalled IE: did not solve issue
> disabled automatic updates and reboot: did not solve issue
>

> Any ideas?

Format the disk and reinstall Windows.
Setup an Administrator account that you use only to administer the
system, and a nonprivileged user account used for day-to-day work.
Keep the system updated all the time.

ZippyPC is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE will not access Windows update page
I don't think I'm ready to throw in the towel just yet!
There has got to be another route....
Jeff Strickland

"ZippyPC" <ZippyPC.4bops5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
> browser address shows: <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com>
>
> "updates are ready for your computer "KB952069" will not install and
> notification continues to pop up after automatic updates says
> "Installation Compete"
>
> Dell Mini 1010
> Windows XP Home 32bit SP3
> 1gb RAM
>
> I cannot access Microsoft Windows Updates. All other sites work just
> fine.
> Original issue: Could not install any programs
> Software ran: Malwarebytes, Adaware, Spybot, Trojan Remover and
> CCleaner
>
> After finding various critters affecting PC, all seemed well, Untill I
> attempted to apply updates.
>
> Ran chkdsk: did not solve issue
> uninstalled IE, Kaspersky 2010: did not solve issue
> Reinstalled IE: did not solve issue
> disabled automatic updates and reboot: did not solve issue
>

> Any ideas?

Your machine is virually enhanced.

I had a similar problem on a machine a couple of weeks ago. Turns out it had
the Conflicker virus, which has several other names by the way.

Did you load Kaspersky from a CD, or from the Website? If from a CD, try
visiting the Website, my guess is that you can't get there. If I'm right,
you have the virus.

ZippyPC is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE will not access Windows update page
Okay! Now yer talkin. I tried to get to Kaspersky and was redirected to some crazy site!
Jeff Strickland

Re: IE will not access Windows update page
You have Conflicker.

I had to do a system restore back to the windows default, then get all of
the updates all over again. Of course, the applications have to be reloaded,
but you ought not lose any of your files.

"ZippyPC" <ZippyPC.4bovc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Okay! Now yer talkin. I tried to get to Kaspersky and was redirected to
> some crazy site!
>

> --
> ZippyPC

Bob

Re: IE will not access Windows update page
I had a similar problem. The only way I was able to resolve it was by
restoring my PC to factory condition.