"Session has expired... " & automatic cinfiguration script

louis

"Session has expired... " & automatic cinfiguration script
I run IE8 on WinXP Prof
I can only access a certain website (to fill a form) when I check the
"Automatic Configuration Script" in LAN settings. If unchecked, access is
denied and I get the error message "session has expired, bla, bla....". Same
problem occurs with IE7. Btw, no problem with FireFox.
Any ideas? Thanks - Louis

Re: "Session has expired... " & automatic cinfiguration script
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

> Same problem occurs with IE7

Upgrading in hopes of fixing an existing problem is seldom a wise idea.

Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the computer fully-patched at Windows
Update?

Can you reach http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com using IE8?

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
in the background when you installed IE8 and/or IE7?

it)?

louis wrote:
> I run IE8 on WinXP Prof
> I can only access a certain website (to fill a form) when I check the
> "Automatic Configuration Script" in LAN settings. If unchecked, access is
> denied and I get the error message "session has expired, bla, bla....".
> Same
> problem occurs with IE7. Btw, no problem with FireFox.
> Any ideas? Thanks - Louis

louis

Re: "Session has expired... " & automatic cinfiguration script
Appreciate your reply. I'll follow the sequence of your questions/comments

- WinXP SP3 Prof IE8
- I didn't up/downgrade. IE7 is installed on another machine and gave the
same result
- WinAU is installed and MS Automatic Update site can be reached without
problems
- Problem persits in No add-ons mode and after RIES
- Use standard MS-firewall and updated AVG anti-virus
- Norton/McAfee has never been used.

Louis

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
> when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
> reply.
>
> > Same problem occurs with IE7

> Upgrading in hopes of fixing an existing problem is seldom a wise idea.
>
> Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the computer fully-patched at Windows
> Update?
>
> Can you reach http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com using IE8?
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
> IE8 in all OSS]

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
> in the background when you installed IE8 and/or IE7?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> louis wrote:
> > I run IE8 on WinXP Prof
> > I can only access a certain website (to fill a form) when I check the
> > "Automatic Configuration Script" in LAN settings. If unchecked, access is
> > denied and I get the error message "session has expired, bla, bla....".
> > Same
> > problem occurs with IE7. Btw, no problem with FireFox.
> > Any ideas? Thanks - Louis

> .

Re: "Session has expired... " & automatic cinfiguration script
Uninstall AVG & reboot, then do a fresh install of AVG: This time select the
CUSTOM install option and do NOT install (i.e., uncheck) Linkscanner,
Search-Shield, Active Surf-Shield, Security toolbar [none of which are IE7-
or IE8-compatible IMHO], or any of the email scanning components.

• Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

Reset IE per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737, reboot & test.

NB: Did a Norton or McAfee free trial come preinstalled on the computers
when you bought them? Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated the
apps.

louis wrote:
> Appreciate your reply. I'll follow the sequence of your questions/comments
>
> - WinXP SP3 Prof IE8
> - I didn't up/downgrade. IE7 is installed on another machine and gave the
> same result
> - WinAU is installed and MS Automatic Update site can be reached without
> problems
> - Problem persits in No add-ons mode and after RIES
> - Use standard MS-firewall and updated AVG anti-virus
> - Norton/McAfee has never been used.
>
> Louis
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>> SP2;
>> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE
>> version
>> when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your
>> next reply.
>>
>>> Same problem occurs with IE7

>> Upgrading in hopes of fixing an existing problem is seldom a wise idea.
>>
>> Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the computer fully-patched at Windows
>> Update?
>>
>> Can you reach http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com using IE8?
>>
>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7
>> &
>> IE8 in all OSS]

>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>>
>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8 and/or IE7?
>>
>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought
>> it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> louis wrote:
>>> I run IE8 on WinXP Prof
>>> I can only access a certain website (to fill a form) when I check the
>>> "Automatic Configuration Script" in LAN settings. If unchecked, access
>>> is
>>> denied and I get the error message "session has expired, bla, bla....".
>>> Same
>>> problem occurs with IE7. Btw, no problem with FireFox.
>>> Any ideas? Thanks - Louis

>> .

louis

Re: "Session has expired... " & automatic cinfiguration script
No effect after uninstalling and selective reinstalling AVG, reset of IE.

Btw, have other machine running Vista HomePremium SP2, IE8 and Avast!
antivirus. Same problem there: that particular website will only materialize
if Automatic Configuration Script is loaded.
No problems with FireFox and Google Chrome.

Louis