IE Won't Open

GigaNews

IE Won't Open
My IE (8) stopped working. I tried downloading and reinstalling, but the
problem didn't get solved. I get a basically blank screen when I open it,
and I get a message to either restore last session or go to homepage,
however when I choose either option, the program shuts down. Any clues ?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE Won't Open
"Tips For Solving Problems with Internet Explorer"
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

GigaNews wrote:
> My IE (8) stopped working. I tried downloading and reinstalling, but the
> problem didn't get solved. I get a basically blank screen when I open it,
> and I get a message to either restore last session or go to homepage,
> however when I choose either option, the program shuts down. Any clues ?

GigaNews

Re: IE Won't Open
Hooray ! One of the suggestions on that page worked...I think. At any rate,
after up-dating, rebooting, reinstalling, up-dating again, rebooting again,
and going to run with no add-ons (and disabling one I thought might be the
culprit), I was FINALLY able to log on. I'm not particularly fond of IE, but
there are still some websites that insist you use IE to view them. Thanks
you for the link.

> "Tips For Solving Problems with Internet Explorer"
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> GigaNews wrote:
>> My IE (8) stopped working. I tried downloading and reinstalling, but the
>> problem didn't get solved. I get a basically blank screen when I open it,
>> and I get a message to either restore last session or go to homepage,
>> however when I choose either option, the program shuts down. Any clues ?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE Won't Open
How do you know that Internet Explorer was at fault, and not one of your
add-ons or configuration settings?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est