IE8 Add to Favorites - open up in collapsed view?

M Skabialka

IE8 Add to Favorites - open up in collapsed view?
In IE8, when I want to add a site to My Favorites, when I go to select the
folder to save it in, the list of all of my previously saves favorite
folders completely opens up in expanded view. Since there are folders and
multiple subfolders, is there a way to make only the half dozen or so main
folders show up, then I could drill down and open each subfolder one at a
time, instead of immediately seeing every single favorites folder I have
ever created in a VERY long scrolling list?

Dan

Re: IE8 Add to Favorites - open up in collapsed view?

"M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> In IE8, when I want to add a site to My Favorites, when I go to select the
> folder to save it in, the list of all of my previously saves favorite
> folders completely opens up in expanded view. Since there are folders and
> multiple subfolders, is there a way to make only the half dozen or so main
> folders show up, then I could drill down and open each subfolder one at a
> time, instead of immediately seeing every single favorites folder I have
> ever created in a VERY long scrolling list?

Short answer is no.

There is a "workaround" though - use the favorites button (the star) and add
to your list using the left hand pane view instead of the favorites menu.

--
dan

Re: IE8 Add to Favorites - open up in collapsed view?
Not in IE8, no.

M Skabialka wrote:
> In IE8, when I want to add a site to My Favorites, when I go to select the
> folder to save it in, the list of all of my previously saves favorite
> folders completely opens up in expanded view. Since there are folders and
> multiple subfolders, is there a way to make only the half dozen or so main
> folders show up, then I could drill down and open each subfolder one at a
> time, instead of immediately seeing every single favorites folder I have
> ever created in a VERY long scrolling list?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 Add to Favorites - open up in collapsed view?

"M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> In IE8, when I want to add a site to My Favorites, when I go to select the
> folder to save it in, the list of all of my previously saves favorite
> folders completely opens up in expanded view. Since there are folders and
> multiple subfolders,

> is there a way to make only the half dozen or so main folders show up,
> then I could drill down and open each subfolder one at a time, instead of
> immediately seeing every single favorites folder I have ever created in a
> VERY long scrolling list?

Yes. Drag them there instead of using that deficient dialog. And if
you're doing more than one and know that they are going into the same
subfolder, consider using the Add to Favorites Bar button instead. Then
you can eventually just drag (or Cut them) as a group out of that temporary
location to the destination folder. Another alternative for the group case
would be opening an Explorer window at that subfolder and then just dragging
each Address bar icon to it directly.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
----

M Skabialka

Re: IE8 Add to Favorites - open up in collapsed view?
This works very well, thanks, Mich