This tab has been recovered

Bill R

This tab has been recovered
I posted here a little while ago on this subject of the error message "This
tab has been recovered" with IE8 but, unfortunately there was no resolution.
I have just come across another (presumably associated) problem when viewing
planefinder.net in which the display was corrupted. I therefore installed
Mozilla Firefox and both problems have gone away.

From my small experience Firefox seems to be better than IE but Microsoft
Update wont run under Firefox so I will continue to have to run two
browsers - although I don't really want to.

Any comments?

Regards.

Bill R

Re: This tab has been recovered
Assuming it's the same WinXP SP3 computer, have you completed Steps #1 thru
#8 in my last reply to your original thread?

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f340e70cae9a60
(04 Apr-10)

Have you tried resetting IE Advanced settings again since completing Steps
#1 thru #8 in my last reply to your original thread?

cf. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Bill R wrote:
> I posted here a little while ago on this subject of the error message
> "This
> tab has been recovered" with IE8 but, unfortunately there was no
> resolution.
> I have just come across another (presumably associated) problem when
> viewing
> planefinder.net in which the display was corrupted. I therefore installed
> Mozilla Firefox and both problems have gone away.
>
> From my small experience Firefox seems to be better than IE but Microsoft
> Update wont run under Firefox so I will continue to have to run two
> browsers - although I don't really want to.
>
> Any comments?
>
> Regards.
>
> Bill R

Bill R

Re: This tab has been recovered
I kind of gave up on and deleted the previous thread. It is only now that
I've found the problem is deeper than I first thought that I've revisited
it. So, I don't have your previous post. I have uninstalled IE8 and run it
with NIS off and with all security at the lowest level so I presume it was
clean.

Bill R

PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Assuming it's the same WinXP SP3 computer, have you completed Steps #1
> thru #8 in my last reply to your original thread?
>
> cf.
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f340e70cae9a60
> (04 Apr-10)
>
> Have you tried resetting IE Advanced settings again since completing Steps
> #1 thru #8 in my last reply to your original thread?
>
> cf. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>

> Bill R wrote:
>> I posted here a little while ago on this subject of the error message
>> "This
>> tab has been recovered" with IE8 but, unfortunately there was no
>> resolution.
>> I have just come across another (presumably associated) problem when
>> viewing
>> planefinder.net in which the display was corrupted. I therefore
>> installed
>> Mozilla Firefox and both problems have gone away.
>>
>> From my small experience Firefox seems to be better than IE but Microsoft
>> Update wont run under Firefox so I will continue to have to run two
>> browsers - although I don't really want to.
>>
>> Any comments?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Bill R

Re: This tab has been recovered