Where can we discuss IE9?

Michel Merlin

Where can we discuss IE9?
I found no "IE9" thread here, or other Newsgroup for discussing IE9. The site pages (e.g. http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive "IE9 Test Drive" or http://blogs.msdn.com/ie "IE Blog") offer no feedback or discussion (other than theoretically: in facts they are always closed, once because too old, once because too young, once for server overload, one for site remake, once because the login process is outdated, etc).

I know of course that Microsoft (altogether staff, volunteers, aficionados, etc) hates feedback (unless from the totally dumb virtual users they love to invent then to disregard) and makes all it can to fend it off, but I can't refrain to hope and try; anyone can tell us where we can discuss, question, suggest, fixes and improvements for next versions?

Versailles, Sun 23 May 2010 22:42:00 +0200
rob^_^

Re: Where can we discuss IE9?
Hi Michel,

As far as we MS MVP's - IE know it is connect.microsoft.com/ie

See this IEBlog post -
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/201...k-systems.aspx

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta WAS the official newsgroup for
discussion about IE9 Preview issues, but it MAY be closed down in the next
few weeks.

We have heard no word of any online replacement for the beta IE NG above.

Regards.

"Michel Merlin" <michel.merlin@laposte.net> wrote in message
> I found no "IE9" thread here, or other Newsgroup for discussing IE9. The
> site pages (e.g. http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive "IE9 Test Drive" or
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie "IE Blog") offer no feedback or discussion (other
> than theoretically: in facts they are always closed, once because too old,
> once because too young, once for server overload, one for site remake,
> once because the login process is outdated, etc).
>
> I know of course that Microsoft (altogether staff, volunteers,
> aficionados, etc) hates feedback (unless from the totally dumb virtual
> users they love to invent then to disregard) and makes all it can to fend
> it off, but I can't refrain to hope and try; anyone can tell us where we
> can discuss, question, suggest, fixes and improvements for next versions?
>
> Versailles, Sun 23 May 2010 22:42:00 +0200

Michel Merlin

IE9 blogs are closed to discussion
Thanks. However your link appears to be the one from which I came to the others I reported, and as usual it says « Comments are disabled temporarily. For more information, http://blogs.msdn.com/seanjenkin/arc...-platform.aspx "click here" »;

then its link says again:

« The upgrade to the blogging platform will begin on Sunday May 16th at about 9pm PDST. With the amount of data we need to migrate, it's going to be May 24th around 12pm PDST before everything is back online. - During that time commenting will be turned off across the blogs »

Previous experiences force to foresee that on the said time (Mon 24 May 2010 19:00 GMT), instead of the blog becoming open to discussion, we will see just another reason for it to remain closed. I will try neverhteless...

Versailles, Sun 23 May 2010 23:23:00 +0200

I found no "IE9" thread here, or other Newsgroup for discussing IE9. The site pages (e.g. http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive "IE9 Test Drive" or http://blogs.msdn.com/ie "IE Blog") offer no feedback or discussion (other than theoretically: in facts they are always closed, once because too old, once because too young, once for server overload, one for site remake, once because the login process is outdated, etc).

I know of course that Microsoft (altogether staff, volunteers, aficionados, etc) hates feedback (unless from the totally dumb virtual users they love to invent then to disregard) and makes all it can to fend it off, but I can't refrain to hope and try; anyone can tell us where we can discuss, question, suggest, fixes and improvements for next versions?

Versailles, Sun 23 May 2010 22:42:00 +0200
VanguardLH

Re: Where can we discuss IE9?
Michel Merlin wrote:

NOTE: Michel's post consisted of ridiculously long 1-line paragraphs.
His post was rewrapped to 72 characters max per line.

> I found no "IE9" thread here, or other Newsgroup for discussing IE9.
> The site pages (e.g. http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive "IE9 Test
> Drive" or http://blogs.msdn.com/ie "IE Blog") offer no feedback or
> discussion (other than theoretically: in facts they are always
> closed, once because too old, once because too young, once for server
> overload, one for site remake, once because the login process is
> outdated, etc).
>
> I know of course that Microsoft (altogether staff, volunteers,
> aficionados, etc) hates feedback (unless from the totally dumb
> virtual users they love to invent then to disregard) and makes all it
> can to fend it off, but I can't refrain to hope and try; anyone can
> tell us where we can discuss, question, suggest, fixes and
> improvements for next versions?

http://connect.microsoft.com/ie

The idea is that *professionals* visit there to provide decent
documentation of their requests for enhancement or bug reports, not some
joker posting "it don't work". It really isn't the "discussion" group
you are looking for but rather a place to report reproducible problems
that can actually be addressed and perhaps some technical discussion
amongst the technical literate.

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

If this isn't one of the newsgroups that Microsoft is going to kill off
sometime in early June, it will die when they kill their NNTP server
(which also eliminates the webnew-for-dummies interface to their
Communities that pretended to be forums by using a gateway to Usenet).
It will still exist on non-Microsoft NNTP servers in the worldwide mesh
network of Usenet over which Microsoft could exercise no control.

This newsgroup is to discuss *beta* versions of IE; however, despite
that some posters are already posting there about IE9, that version is
NOT yet a beta version. It is still a pre-beta of "platform *preview*"
version. From the FAQ, "Internet Explorer Platform Preview is not a
full web browser." This is the very first topic in their FAQ. That
there is a topic labelled "When will the first beta ship?" evidences
that the product isn't even a beta version yet.

From the online user guide, "General Help: Additional online support
resources are available by clicking the Help menu and selecting Using
Internet Explorer Platform Preview to go to additional online support
resources." Presumably you already installed IE9, so did you look there
to see what Microsoft offered?

Only if you are a programmer that is concerned about your product(s)
being compatible with the next version of IE and only if you're willing
to tolerate a moving target (that is currently highly crippled because
it is merely a platform preview version) should you be doing anything
with this pre-beta version.