IE8: Additonal Favorites toolbar required. How?

David

IE8: Additonal Favorites toolbar required. How?
Is it possible in IE8 to make the Favorites toolbar line to go to two or more
lines? I have a number of favourites added to the tool bar and now they go
over to the ">>" extension on the RHS, so it is another click to access them.
I was wondering if this toolbar could be made to go onto two lines. So far I
have been unable to find a way to do it.
Ta. David.
rob^_^

Re: IE8: Additonal Favorites toolbar required. How?
Hi David,

No.

See if my video gives you some tips in managing your Favorites Bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQgvOBIv4d8

I use the Add to Favorites bar button to add new links at the top of the
Favorites bar. Once I have finished my "research" I then move a sub-folder
(drag and drop) to the top of the Favorites Bar list and then drag and drop
the Internet Shortcuts to the Folder I have just moved.

Generally I do not use links from the Favorites Bar folder or the Favorites
Folder to launch web sites.

I have set IE8's Address bar autocomplete to use History and Favorites, so I
can start typing in the Address Bar and IE will offer me links from my
History and Favorites folders that match my typing and offer the most likely
item at the top of the Autocomplete list.

eg. to navigate to the Answers.social.msdn web site I type 'ans' and then
press Shift+Enter to select and navigate to the link at the top of the list.
Depending upon whats in my History or Favorites folders, IE will offer the
most likely link.

Occasionally to unclutter my Favorites bar I will open up the Favorites
Center pane and then drag and drop Folders from my Favorites Bar to the
Favorites Folder.

easy-peasy

Regards.

> Is it possible in IE8 to make the Favorites toolbar line to go to two or
> more
> lines? I have a number of favourites added to the tool bar and now they go
> over to the ">>" extension on the RHS, so it is another click to access
> them.
> I was wondering if this toolbar could be made to go onto two lines. So far
> have been unable to find a way to do it.
> Ta. David.

David

Re: IE8: Additonal Favorites toolbar required. How?
Thanks. I learnt something from your video. I did not know you could drag a
folder from the folders list onto the favourites bar.