Favourites Behaviour changed in IE8?

Lorraine W

Favourites Behaviour changed in IE8?
I installed IE 8 (on a WinXP Pro SP3 system) about a month ago. I'm still
waiting for the favourites menu to go to the "only most used favourites
visible" (terminology ??) mode. Is this not an option in IE8? I really
liked this feature in IE7. I have a LOT of favourites, and it's a real
annoyance to have to scroll through so many each time.

If this option is not available in IE8, do you have any tips for
uninstalling IE8 and reinstalling version 7 (or can someone point me to
where I can find that info)?.

Thanks,

Lorraine

Leonard Grey

Re: Favourites Behaviour changed in IE8?
I believe the feature you're speaking of was called the Personalized
Favorites Menu; it was dropped in Internet Explorer 8. Why? Your guess
is as good as mine.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Lorraine W wrote:
> I installed IE 8 (on a WinXP Pro SP3 system) about a month ago. I'm still
> waiting for the favourites menu to go to the "only most used favourites
> visible" (terminology ??) mode. Is this not an option in IE8? I really
> liked this feature in IE7. I have a LOT of favourites, and it's a real
> annoyance to have to scroll through so many each time.
>
> If this option is not available in IE8, do you have any tips for
> uninstalling IE8 and reinstalling version 7 (or can someone point me to
> where I can find that info)?.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lorraine

Lorraine W

Re: Favourites Behaviour changed in IE8?
Thanks Leonard. I think I'll revert to IE7. I never had any security
issues with 7 (I keep myself fairly well protected I think) and I'm really
not all that impressed with 8. I don't use the accelerators or any of the
other features. IE 7 worked just fine for me.

Thanks for the info.

Lorraine

|I believe the feature you're speaking of was called the Personalized
| Favorites Menu; it was dropped in Internet Explorer 8. Why? Your guess
| is as good as mine.
| ---
| Leonard Grey
| Errare humanum est
|
| Lorraine W wrote:
| > I installed IE 8 (on a WinXP Pro SP3 system) about a month ago. I'm
still
| > waiting for the favourites menu to go to the "only most used favourites
| > visible" (terminology ??) mode. Is this not an option in IE8? I really
| > liked this feature in IE7. I have a LOT of favourites, and it's a real
| > annoyance to have to scroll through so many each time.
| >
| > If this option is not available in IE8, do you have any tips for
| > uninstalling IE8 and reinstalling version 7 (or can someone point me to
| > where I can find that info)?.
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Lorraine

Leonard Grey

Re: Favourites Behaviour changed in IE8?
Up to you. IE 8 has security features lacking in IE 7. Maybe you can
find a third-party add-on that replicates Personalized Folders
functionality.

Windows 7 drops plenty of what I considered useful features in Windows
XP. It also has plenty of new features that I find valuable.

What can we do? These decisions are not made by people who have your and
my best interests in mind. We can only cling to the past for so long.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est