IE8 displays page cannot be displayed...

Timothy Jewett

IE8 displays page cannot be displayed...
I am writing a WEB Service that is using Negotiate protocol with the MS api
AcceptSecurityContext. If the browser is not logged into the domain but a
group and tries to access the service the browser will respond with a
WWW-Negotiate header passing a token to the service. However the browser will
return a Page Cannot be displayed if the output of the AcceptSecurityContext
returned a SEC_I_CONTINUE_NEEDED and the output buffer is sent back. I would
have expected the browser to prompt for credentials or make a new request and
choose another option when the cycle repeats. If this is the desired
operation of the browser should I not return the output from the
SEC_I_CONTINUE_NEEDED and resend the 401 without the Negotiate as an option ?
By the way if I do a good NTLM the kerboros will succeed when tried again.

Just looking for the correct approach.

Thanks,
--
Timothy Jewett
Jewettware@online.nospam

Re: IE8 displays page cannot be displayed...
Developer-specific resources include:

MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...opment/threads

Tip: When posting in Developer forums, always include a link to your web
site or test pages in your first post.

IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE8