IE 8 - Can not copy from web page and paste into Word document.

Roger

IE 8 - Can not copy from web page and paste into Word document.
This appears to be a common problem but I just can't find a solution
other than using FireFox

Roger
KCB

Re: IE 8 - Can not copy from web page and paste into Word document.

"Roger" <liam@mail.moc> wrote in message
> This appears to be a common problem but I just can't find a solution other
> than using FireFox
>
> Roger

What version of Word? I'm using IE8 and Word with Office 2010 Beta.
Copy/Paste as usual. Any particular web site that doesn't work for you?

Roger

On 20/05/2010 1:09 PM, KCB wrote:

>> This appears to be a common problem but I just can't find a solution
>> other than using FireFox
>>
>> Roger

> What version of Word? I'm using IE8 and Word with Office 2010 Beta.
> Copy/Paste as usual. Any particular web site that doesn't work for you?

Sorry, I should have been a bit more informative. Word 2002 & 2007 on XP
SP3 & Vista SP1.

Here's the web site. http://www.bcfed.ca/node/1959

Roger

rob^_^

Re: IE 8 - Can not copy from web page and paste into Word document.
Hi,

1. Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

2. Go to http://enhanceie.com/ua.aspx and follow the instructions there to
fix your browsers userAgent string if it detects a problem.

Regards.

> On 20/05/2010 1:09 PM, KCB wrote:
>>

>>> This appears to be a common problem but I just can't find a solution
>>> other than using FireFox
>>>
>>> Roger

>> What version of Word? I'm using IE8 and Word with Office 2010 Beta.
>> Copy/Paste as usual. Any particular web site that doesn't work for you?

> Sorry, I should have been a bit more informative. Word 2002 & 2007 on XP
> SP3 & Vista SP1.
>
> Here's the web site. http://www.bcfed.ca/node/1959
>
> Roger

Roger

On 20/05/2010 2:13 PM, rob^_^ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click "Reset all zones to
> default"
>
> 2. Go to http://enhanceie.com/ua.aspx and follow the instructions there
> to fix your browsers userAgent string if it detects a problem.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Roger" <liam@mail.moc> wrote in message

>>> What version of Word? I'm using IE8 and Word with Office 2010 Beta.
>>> Copy/Paste as usual. Any particular web site that doesn't work for you?

>> Sorry, I should have been a bit more informative. Word 2002 & 2007 on
>> XP SP3 & Vista SP1.
>>
>> Here's the web site. http://www.bcfed.ca/node/1959
>>
>> Roger

On the XP machine I reset all zones to default then ran the enhanceie page

Enhanceie shows the browser as IE 8. If I switch it to 7 other stuff
quits working.

FWIW the page generated would copy into Word no problem so now I am back
to suspecting a bad web page that only screws up IE and Word. THat still
doesn't let IE off the hook
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 - Can not copy from web page and paste into Word document.
No problem here.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Roger wrote:
> This appears to be a common problem but I just can't find a solution
> other than using FireFox
>
> Roger

Jean Rosenfeld

Re: IE 8 - Can not copy from web page and paste into Word document.
I can confirm that on XP SP3, IE 8, Word 2002 hangs when pasting text copied
from that particular web site, but I've never had that problem from other
sites. I also tried compatibility mode, same result. I could paste into
Notepad and then into Word from notepad.

> On 20/05/2010 2:13 PM, rob^_^ wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1. Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click "Reset all zones to
>> default"
>>
>> 2. Go to http://enhanceie.com/ua.aspx and follow the instructions there
>> to fix your browsers userAgent string if it detects a problem.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Roger" <liam@mail.moc> wrote in message

>>> Sorry, I should have been a bit more informative. Word 2002 & 2007 on
>>> XP SP3 & Vista SP1.
>>>
>>> Here's the web site. http://www.bcfed.ca/node/1959
>>>
>>> Roger
>>>

> On the XP machine I reset all zones to default then ran the enhanceie page
>
> Enhanceie shows the browser as IE 8. If I switch it to 7 other stuff quits
> working.
>
> FWIW the page generated would copy into Word no problem so now I am back
> to suspecting a bad web page that only screws up IE and Word. THat still
> doesn't let IE off the hook

Jean Rosenfeld

Re: IE 8 - Can not copy from web page and paste into Word document.
It wotks if instead of pasting directly, you go edit/paste special/Formatted
text RTF. So it must be something wrong with the html format on that site.

"Jean Rosenfeld" <jean.rosenfeld@nospam.tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>I can confirm that on XP SP3, IE 8, Word 2002 hangs when pasting text
>copied from that particular web site, but I've never had that problem from
>other sites. I also tried compatibility mode, same result. I could paste
>into Notepad and then into Word from notepad.
>
> "Roger" <liam@mail.moc> wrote in message
>> On 20/05/2010 2:13 PM, rob^_^ wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> 1. Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click "Reset all zones to
>>> default"
>>>
>>> 2. Go to http://enhanceie.com/ua.aspx and follow the instructions there
>>> to fix your browsers userAgent string if it detects a problem.
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>
>>> "Roger" <liam@mail.moc> wrote in message

>> On the XP machine I reset all zones to default then ran the enhanceie
>> page
>>
>> Enhanceie shows the browser as IE 8. If I switch it to 7 other stuff
>> quits working.
>>
>> FWIW the page generated would copy into Word no problem so now I am back
>> to suspecting a bad web page that only screws up IE and Word. THat still
>> doesn't let IE off the hook

Re: IE 8 - Can not copy from web page and paste into Word document.
Copy/paste into Notepad then copy/paste into Word.

> It wotks if instead of pasting directly, you go edit/paste
> special/Formatted text RTF. So it must be something wrong with the html
> format on that site.
>
> "Jean Rosenfeld" <jean.rosenfeld@nospam.tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I can confirm that on XP SP3, IE 8, Word 2002 hangs when pasting text
>>copied from that particular web site, but I've never had that problem from
>>other sites. I also tried compatibility mode, same result. I could paste
>>into Notepad and then into Word from notepad.

Using Word 2010, and it handles straight text, merged format, and RTF from
that site. But, whichever format is used, the paste takes a few seconds
with the busy cursor spinning. Other websites paste instantly, in any
format.