I can't get on the internet?

ZachG

I can't get on the internet?
I can't get on regular internet just 64 bit.It said for both Internet
Explorer and MSN Internet,a problem caused the program to stop working
correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
avaliable.Keep in mind I have already tried all the following Troubleshooting
suggestions.

1.Disable all add-ons
2.Reset IE Settings
3.Run Microsoft Malicous Software Remover Tool
4.Update IE (No Updates)
5.MSN Internet doesn't work either
(This indicates an internet problem not an IE Problem)
6.Restart computer open the internet by itself (Not Low Memory or Corrupted
Files)
7.Avast Full System Diagnostic (No Viruses)
8.Unplug Modem from it's power source and plug it back in after 60 seconds
(Gateway told me to do that)
9.Unplug Computer and replug-Nothing..

I can use 64 bit internet but not regular,do you have any idea what's
wrong,barring the following things I've already tried and solutions to my
problem,thanks.
Don Varnau

Re: I can't get on the internet?
Hi,
Q1. Vista or Windows 7?
Q2. Does the problem go away if you change to a blank homepage?
Q3. Are you running a third-party firewall?
Q4. Has a security program from Norton or McAfee ever been installed on this
computer?

While waiting for answers to those questions, try these steps. Check after
each.
1. Try a reset of winsock settings.
From Start> Programs> Accessories> Command prompt, right-click command
prompt and choose "Run as administrator." At the flashing cursor, type in
"netsh winsock reset" (without the ") hit the Enter key.
After the winsock reset you may have to reinstall other programs which
require internet access, such as security programs (for updates) etc.
2. Go to http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=a...133&artlang=en
Read the information on that page- especially the "Usage" paragraph (Usage:
unzip the download and run the cmd...)
Download (near the bottom of the page) and run the appropriate script for
your browser and OS.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]