"More Information about this website" link?

eli

"More Information about this website" link?
Hello:

I know that in Firefox, when one left clicks on the icon in the address
bar, one gets a a link to : "More Information" . Clicking on that link gives
a large multitab screen with General -Media-Permissions-Security tabs.
These give much info about the website .

I vaguely recall a similar More Information" function in IE, but I havent
used IE for a long time.

In the IE 8, how does one get to this more info box or screen?

Left clicking on the address bar icon merely highlights the url inside it.

Thanks in advance:

-eli

Windows XP Pro SP3
IE 8.0.6001.18702

Re: "More Information about this website" link?
You may be thinking of a functionality with Google Toolbar installed.

eli wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I know that in Firefox, when one left clicks on the icon in the address
> bar, one gets a a link to : "More Information" . Clicking on that link
> gives
> a large multitab screen with General -Media-Permissions-Security tabs.
> These give much info about the website .
>
> I vaguely recall a similar More Information" function in IE, but I havent
> used IE for a long time.
>
> In the IE 8, how does one get to this more info box or screen?
>
> Left clicking on the address bar icon merely highlights the url inside it.
>
> Thanks in advance:
>
> -eli
>
> Windows XP Pro SP3
> IE 8.0.6001.18702

eli

Re: "More Information about this website" link?
Hi PA Bear:

Was actually thinking of this from that IE 8 Blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...d-privacy.aspx

"You can also manually choose items to block or allow, or obtain information
about the third-party content directly from the site by clicking the “More
information from this website” link.

Where exactly is this “More information from this website” link? Or how
can one draw this up?

I do happen to have the Google Toolbar installed, so if that somehow gives a
similar box or info screen as Firefox, I'd be curious as to how to pull that
up. In Firefox that panel is drawn up whether or not Google Toolbar is used.

-eli

*************************************

> You may be thinking of a functionality with Google Toolbar installed.
>
> eli wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I know that in Firefox, when one left clicks on the icon in the address
>> bar, one gets a a link to : "More Information" . Clicking on that link
>> gives
>> a large multitab screen with General -Media-Permissions-Security tabs.
>> These give much info about the website .
>>
>> I vaguely recall a similar More Information" function in IE, but I havent
>> used IE for a long time.
>>
>> In the IE 8, how does one get to this more info box or screen?
>>
>> Left clicking on the address bar icon merely highlights the url inside
>> it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance:
>>
>> -eli
>>
>> Windows XP Pro SP3
>> IE 8.0.6001.18702

Dan

"eli" <someone@somebody.com> wrote in message
> Hi PA Bear:
>
> Was actually thinking of this from that IE 8 Blog:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...d-privacy.aspx
>
> "You can also manually choose items to block or allow, or obtain
> information about the third-party content directly from the site by
> clicking the "More information from this website" link.
>
> Where exactly is this "More information from this website" link? Or how
> can one draw this up?

That link only appears in InPrivate filtering settings, to give you
information about 3rd party linked content and cookies. However, it only
works if the site referred to has a 3rdparty.html file, which very few do.

In normal browsing, look to the 3rd box to left of the zone name in the
status bar at the bottom, it will often have an eye with a red sign showing
that 3rd party cookies have been blocked, double click that for a list of
3rd party cookies that were blocked, and you can select any of them and
click the Summary button for more info.

IE doesn't have a More Information dialog like Firefox.

Dan