IE 8, EWin XP SP3

luv2bike2

IE 8, EWin XP SP3
I open up IE8 and click on the new web page tab and now the screen is totally
different than what it was like yesterday

today the new web page comes up with:
back ground is like a baby blue color and the following words:
What do you want to do next?

Reopen closed tabs Browse with InPrivate

Reopen Last Browsing Session Open in InPrivate Browsing window

Use an Accelerator

show copied text

etc... mostly google stuff (Google Finance, Google maps, google news, google
translate, seach with google video, gmail, define with google dictionary,
blogger)underneather Use an Accelerator

last line says....
Learn more about tabs and tab shortcuts, accelerators and InPrivate Browsing.

i what am use to and want back is:
the websites that i last visited in icon form.

It is not just on one computer it is on 3 computers that i know of.
i have run Malwarebytes on all three systems and cleaned up what ever
malware was there, ran Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, Glary Utilites
and cleanned up. Ran them in normal mode and also in Safe mode and I am still
getting this crappy new tab window. HELP PLEASE. I am going home in a
little bit to see if my home computer is the same way.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Don Varnau

Re: IE 8, EWin XP SP3
Hi,
It sounds like you were using the Google new tab page which provided
thumbnails of recently visited pages. I see at
http://www.google.com/support/toolba...&answer=115561 that
the new tab feature (on Internet Explorer) has been retired. Your Google
toolbar(s) may have lost the new tab page or parts of it because of an
automatic update.

That Google support page mentions that the new tab page is still available
for Firefox and on Chrome.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"luv2bike2" <luv2bike2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I open up IE8 and click on the new web page tab and now the screen is

totally
> different than what it was like yesterday
>
> today the new web page comes up with:
> back ground is like a baby blue color and the following words:
> What do you want to do next?
>
> Reopen closed tabs Browse with InPrivate
>
> Reopen Last Browsing Session Open in InPrivate Browsing window
>

> Use an Accelerator
>
> show copied text
>
> etc... mostly google stuff (Google Finance, Google maps, google news,

google
> translate, seach with google video, gmail, define with google dictionary,
> blogger)underneather Use an Accelerator
>
> last line says....
> Learn more about tabs and tab shortcuts, accelerators and InPrivate

Browsing.

> i what am use to and want back is:
> the websites that i last visited in icon form.
>
> It is not just on one computer it is on 3 computers that i know of.
> i have run Malwarebytes on all three systems and cleaned up what ever
> malware was there, ran Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, Glary Utilites
> and cleanned up. Ran them in normal mode and also in Safe mode and I am

still
> getting this crappy new tab window. HELP PLEASE. I am going home in a
> little bit to see if my home computer is the same way.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks,

luv2bike2

Re: IE 8, EWin XP SP3