I accidentally deleted IE 8 or Parts of It - How Do I Get it Back

Bob P.

I accidentally deleted IE 8 or Parts of It - How Do I Get it Back
Help. I tried to reinstall IE 8 on Windows 7 but can't. I have no ICONS or
references to IE 8 in the program list or in the add remove program screen.
What can I do to reinstall IE 8
--
Thank you all for the great support.
Bob
Leonard Grey

Re: I accidentally deleted IE 8 or Parts of It - How Do I Get itBack
Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operating system. You can't
re-install only part of an operating system; that's why you can't
re-install Internet Explorer.

It would be helpful if you could explain (or even take a guess) at what
might have caused you to lose access to Internet Explorer. Otherwise,
all we can do is guess at a solution.

Here's my guess: Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features >
'Turn Windows features on or off' and re-enable access to Internet Explorer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Bob P. wrote:
> Help. I tried to reinstall IE 8 on Windows 7 but can't. I have no ICONS or
> references to IE 8 in the program list or in the add remove program screen.
> What can I do to reinstall IE 8

Re: I accidentally deleted IE 8 or Parts of It - How Do I Get it Back
If it was a Win7 64-bit computer, you'd have told us that in your first
post, right?

You can remove access to IE8 in Win7 but you can't uninstall it or reinstall
it.

If IE8 isn't available, enable access to it via
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ures-on-or-off

Otherwise, see...

Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer (Win7)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer

Bob P. wrote:
> Help. I tried to reinstall IE 8 on Windows 7 but can't. I have no ICONS or
> references to IE 8 in the program list or in the add remove program
> screen.
> What can I do to reinstall IE 8

Bob P.

Re: I accidentally deleted IE 8 or Parts of It - How Do I Get it B
Thank you so much. All fixed. I really appreciate your time and advice.
--

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> If it was a Win7 64-bit computer, you'd have told us that in your first
> post, right?
>
> You can remove access to IE8 in Win7 but you can't uninstall it or reinstall
> it.
>
> If IE8 isn't available, enable access to it via
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ures-on-or-off
>
> Otherwise, see...
>
> Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer (Win7)
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Bob P. wrote:
> > Help. I tried to reinstall IE 8 on Windows 7 but can't. I have no ICONS or
> > references to IE 8 in the program list or in the add remove program
> > screen.
> > What can I do to reinstall IE 8

> .

Re: I accidentally deleted IE 8 or Parts of It - How Do I Get it B
YW & thanks for your feedback.

PS: Since this newsgroup will be history soon, I'd recommend bookmarking
this forum =>
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...plorer/threads