Taskbar sometimes goes away in IE8 & WIndows 7

eiching1

Taskbar sometimes goes away in IE8 & WIndows 7
Sometimes the taskbar for Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7 completely goes
away. I have to close it and reopen it to get it back
Leonard Grey

Re: Taskbar sometimes goes away in IE8 & WIndows 7
The taskbar is a feature of Windows, not Internet Explorer. IE doesn't
have a taskbar.

Do you mean the icon for Internet Explorer that appears in the Windows 7
taskbar?

Or could you be referring to the status bar that runs along the bottom
of Internet Explorer?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

eiching1 wrote:
> Sometimes the taskbar for Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7 completely goes
> away. I have to close it and reopen it to get it back

eiching1

Re: Taskbar sometimes goes away in IE8 & WIndows 7
Perhaps it would be called the toolbar? It's at the top of IE8 where the
address bar, menu bar and Favorites are located.. It will auto hide correctly
sometime, but somes times it just goes away and will not come back.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> The taskbar is a feature of Windows, not Internet Explorer. IE doesn't
> have a taskbar.
>
> Do you mean the icon for Internet Explorer that appears in the Windows 7
> taskbar?
>
> Or could you be referring to the status bar that runs along the bottom
> of Internet Explorer?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> eiching1 wrote:
> > Sometimes the taskbar for Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7 completely goes
> > away. I have to close it and reopen it to get it back

> .

Nissi1

Re: Taskbar sometimes goes away in IE8 & WIndows 7
Click View, Toolbars then check the toolbar that is missing. If the Menu
bar disappears: Alt key, View, Toolbars, Menu Bars.
--

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> The taskbar is a feature of Windows, not Internet Explorer. IE doesn't
> have a taskbar.
>
> Do you mean the icon for Internet Explorer that appears in the Windows 7
> taskbar?
>
> Or could you be referring to the status bar that runs along the bottom
> of Internet Explorer?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> eiching1 wrote:
> > Sometimes the taskbar for Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7 completely
> > goes
> > away. I have to close it and reopen it to get it back

> .

eiching1

Re: Taskbar sometimes goes away in IE8 & WIndows 7
Perhaps I should state it this way. All of the toolbars disappear, menu bar,
favorites bar, command bar, status bar, address bar. everything, nothing but
full screen. It autohides, but doesn't come back.

"Nissi1" wrote:

> Click View, Toolbars then check the toolbar that is missing. If the Menu
> bar disappears: Alt key, View, Toolbars, Menu Bars.
> --
>

> "eiching1" <eiching1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps it would be called the toolbar? It's at the top of IE8 where the
> address bar, menu bar and Favorites are located.. It will auto hide
> correctly
> sometime, but somes times it just goes away and will not come back.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
> > The taskbar is a feature of Windows, not Internet Explorer. IE doesn't
> > have a taskbar.
> >
> > Do you mean the icon for Internet Explorer that appears in the Windows 7
> > taskbar?
> >
> > Or could you be referring to the status bar that runs along the bottom
> > of Internet Explorer?
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare humanum est
> >
> > eiching1 wrote:
> > > Sometimes the taskbar for Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7 completely
> > > goes
> > > away. I have to close it and reopen it to get it back

> > .
> >

> .

Re: Taskbar sometimes goes away in IE8 & WIndows 7
F11