HOW TO INSTALL INTERNET EXPLORER FOR THE FIRST TIME

Tinacherrygirl

HOW TO INSTALL INTERNET EXPLORER FOR THE FIRST TIME
HI

My computer does not have internet explorer.It is an older computer. Can
someone tell me what to download, I don't seem to be able to get it.I have
windows xp.
Peter Foldes

Re: HOW TO INSTALL INTERNET EXPLORER FOR THE FIRST TIME
Tina

What makes you think or believe that Internet Explorer is not installed on your XP
machine

--
Peter

"Tinacherrygirl" <Tinacherrygirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI
>
> My computer does not have internet explorer.It is an older computer. Can
> someone tell me what to download, I don't seem to be able to get it.I have
> windows xp.

Re: HOW TO INSTALL INTERNET EXPLORER FOR THE FIRST TIME
Right-click on My Computer & select Properties: What Windows version is
displayed in the resulting General tab (e.g., Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 1)?

Tinacherrygirl wrote:
> My computer does not have internet explorer.It is an older computer. Can
> someone tell me what to download, I don't seem to be able to get it.I have
> windows xp.

Gordon

Re: HOW TO INSTALL INTERNET EXPLORER FOR THE FIRST TIME

"Tinacherrygirl" <Tinacherrygirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI
>
> My computer does not have internet explorer.It is an older computer. Can
> someone tell me what to download, I don't seem to be able to get it.I have
> windows xp.

Unless you have Windows 3.1 then you WILL have Internet Explorer. IE first
came out with Windows 95 (AFAIR) so unless you have a REALLY REALLY old
computer you have it.

Dan

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Tinacherrygirl" <Tinacherrygirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:4AF1B9D4-DDEF-4701-AA25-232D76E24B64@microsoft.com...
>> HI
>>
>> My computer does not have internet explorer.It is an older computer. Can
>> someone tell me what to download, I don't seem to be able to get it.I
>> have
>> windows xp.

> Unless you have Windows 3.1 then you WILL have Internet Explorer. IE first
> came out with Windows 95 (AFAIR) so unless you have a REALLY REALLY old
> computer you have it.

IE was available for Windows 3.1 (IE version 2).

The original release of Windows 95 did not included Internet Explorer.
Version 1 of IE was part of Microsoft Plus, and bundled with some OEM
versions of Windows 95, but retail Windows 95 did not have IE included.

Windows 98 was the first Windows OS that had IE bundled in the retail
release.

But as the OP states they have Windows XP, so they already have Internet
Explorer.

--
Dan

Gordon

"Dan" <news@worldofspack.com> wrote in message
> But as the OP states they have Windows XP, so they already have Internet
> Explorer.

I missed that!