Cannot add any new accelerators in IE8

bearspa

Cannot add any new accelerators in IE8
I'm using Xp Pro, and IE8. I cannot seem to add any accelerators. I go to
the "Add-ons Gallery: Accelerators" page, and click on the "Add to Internet
Explorer" button, and nothing happens. I have tried it with several
accelerators, and have tried going to the page that describes the accelerator
and clicking on the "Add to Internet Explorer" button

HELP!
--
TIA.

bearspa
bearspa

RE: Cannot add any new accelerators in IE8
While searching for solutions on the net, I came across suggestions to
reinstall IE8 to solve other similar problems, which I did by running
"rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132
%windir%\Inf\ie.inf". Took a while, and had a few nerve-wracking moments,
but now it seems that I can add accelerators. I guess it must have reset
some "switches" that allow this.

Things seem a bit slower, but at least the accelerators work.

Thought I'd report this in case anyone else has similar problems in the
future..

"bearspa" wrote:

> I'm using Xp Pro, and IE8. I cannot seem to add any accelerators. I go to
> the "Add-ons Gallery: Accelerators" page, and click on the "Add to Internet
> Explorer" button, and nothing happens. I have tried it with several
> accelerators, and have tried going to the page that describes the accelerator
> and clicking on the "Add to Internet Explorer" button
>
> HELP!
> --
> TIA.
>
> bearspa

Re: Cannot add any new accelerators in IE8
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2)
as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?