%#$%^#$ MS blocked live.com!!!!

Stubbo of Oz

%#$%^#$ MS blocked live.com!!!!
(Already posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer but that group, I
know see, seems to nearly be inactive!)

I am posting this in case others are having the same problem.

The last two days I have not been able to get onto Hotmail at live.com
- it kept telling me I had blocked cookies.

I checked and all coopkies were allowed!

Finally checked in:-

Internet Options -> Privacy -> Sites

and found that live.com had "Always block" next to it!!

The only thing changed on my system was that Windows security update
for IE8 for Win 7 K980182 had been installed. I had no problem before
that.

So I can only conclude that MS has automatically blocked their own
live.com site!!

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
Leonard Grey

Re: %#$%^#$ MS blocked live.com!!!!
I have had no trouble getting into Hotmail at live.com over the last
several days, and I have that same security update.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Stubbo of Oz wrote:
> (Already posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer but that group, I
> know see, seems to nearly be inactive!)
>
> I am posting this in case others are having the same problem.
>
> The last two days I have not been able to get onto Hotmail at live.com
> - it kept telling me I had blocked cookies.
>
> I checked and all coopkies were allowed!
>
> Finally checked in:-
>
> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Sites
>
> and found that live.com had "Always block" next to it!!
>
> The only thing changed on my system was that Windows security update
> for IE8 for Win 7 K980182 had been installed. I had no problem before
> that.
>
> So I can only conclude that MS has automatically blocked their own
> live.com site!!

rob^_^

Re: %#$%^#$ MS blocked live.com!!!!
Hi fellow Ozzie,

I just checked my settings and there have been no changes to the status of
my live cookie. (although I did clear my cache a few days back... I had to
enter my credentials again to re-establish the auto-login.)

There were some issues for Australian Live Search users a while back... try
navigating to www.live.com

you should be redirected to www.bing.com.

Have you blocked any bing sites previously? Put it (or live.com) in your
Restricted Sites Zone?

Regards.

"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> (Already posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer but that group, I
> know see, seems to nearly be inactive!)
>
> I am posting this in case others are having the same problem.
>
> The last two days I have not been able to get onto Hotmail at live.com
> - it kept telling me I had blocked cookies.
>
> I checked and all coopkies were allowed!
>
> Finally checked in:-
>
> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Sites
>
> and found that live.com had "Always block" next to it!!
>
> The only thing changed on my system was that Windows security update
> for IE8 for Win 7 K980182 had been installed. I had no problem before
> that.
>
> So I can only conclude that MS has automatically blocked their own
> live.com site!!
>
> --
> ----------------
> Stubbo of Oz
> ----------------

Re: %#$%^#$ MS blocked live.com!!!!
HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail (Revised 08 March 2010)
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution....d-71ce660fe5a0

'microsoft.public.internetexplorer' is not a newsgroup on the MS newsserver.
If you were accessing MS newsgroups via the MS newsserver (instead of
EternalSeptember newsserver), you'd know that: news://msnews.microsoft.com

Stubbo of Oz wrote:
> (Already posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer but that group, I
> know see, seems to nearly be inactive!)
>
> I am posting this in case others are having the same problem.
>
> The last two days I have not been able to get onto Hotmail at live.com
> - it kept telling me I had blocked cookies.
>
> I checked and all coopkies were allowed!
>
> Finally checked in:-
>
> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Sites
>
> and found that live.com had "Always block" next to it!!
>
> The only thing changed on my system was that Windows security update
> for IE8 for Win 7 K980182 had been installed. I had no problem before
> that.
>
> So I can only conclude that MS has automatically blocked their own
> live.com site!!

Stubbo of Oz

Re: %#$%^#$ MS blocked live.com!!!!
On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:47:18 +1000, "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi fellow Ozzie,
>
>I just checked my settings and there have been no changes to the status of
>my live cookie. (although I did clear my cache a few days back... I had to
>enter my credentials again to re-establish the auto-login.)
>
>There were some issues for Australian Live Search users a while back... try
>navigating to www.live.com
>
>you should be redirected to www.bing.com.
>
>Have you blocked any bing sites previously? Put it (or live.com) in your
>Restricted Sites Zone?

Thanks for reply

No - blocked nothing - live.com became blocked after K980182

I did not speciifically say in my first post that I ublocked live.com
and now all is well.

The purpose of my post was in case others had similar problem - the
solution was not really obvious!

--
Stubbo of Oz
Peter Foldes

Re: %#$%^#$ MS blocked live.com!!!!
Are you possibly talking about microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta newsgroup

--
Peter