SharePoint upload document function broken in IE8

Fox

SharePoint upload document function broken in IE8
Using Windows XP and IE8 - cannot manually type text in the "Name:" box into
the "Upload Document" screen when adding a doc to a document library.
To duplicate, open SharePoint 2007,
go to a document library
click 'Upload Document'
in the name field try to type : c:\documents and settings\

Note that you can only use the Browse button to locate documents.
This is a problem for us : we save links to documents in our Favorites
folder and upload them to a document library. We have to be able to
manipulate the "Name:" field for this to work.

FYI... Earlier versions of IE (6 and 7) do not have this problem.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: SharePoint upload document function broken in IE8

"Fox" <Fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Windows XP and IE8 - cannot manually type text in the "Name:" box
> into
> the "Upload Document" screen when adding a doc to a document library.

> To duplicate, open SharePoint 2007,
> go to a document library
> click 'Upload Document'
> in the name field try to type : c:\documents and settings\
>
> Note that you can only use the Browse button to locate documents.
> This is a problem for us : we save links to documents in our Favorites
> folder and upload them to a document library. We have to be able to
> manipulate the "Name:" field for this to work.
>
> FYI... Earlier versions of IE (6 and 7) do not have this problem.

Unless you can reproduce this symptom without having access to SharePoint it
would probably be a better idea to post in a SharePoint NG, as people there
would be more likely to know what you are talking about and then be able and
willing to try to help find a workaround.

> suggestions with the most votes.

FYI Microsoft never respond to suggestions in here and, though I have
never noticed how many "votes" such suggestions have ever received, FWIW I
think the effectiveness of this feedback mechanism is very doubtful. IIRC
it was created as a feedback mechanism for beta testers before the Microsoft
Connect site was available for that purpose.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---