Preventing a F5 Refresh from propagating from an IFRAME to top lev

Jeffrey Magder

Preventing a F5 Refresh from propagating from an IFRAME to top lev
Is there a way to stop F5 refreshes from propagating from an iframe to the
top level?

Normally you can capture key events with an onKeyDown event handler. You can
use this to capture an F5 key press and cancel the event from becoming a
refresh. However, if this happens within an iframe (where you can't touch the
content of the iframe), the event seems to trigger a refresh across the
entire page. Does anyone know of a way to prevent the iframe refresh event
from refreshing the entire webpage?

This will occur in IE and Firefox even if the iframe is 20 levels deep
within an iframe, which seems incorrect to me. But since it is consistent
across all browsers I'm wondering if my understanding of the iframe itself is
incorrect.

Re: Preventing a F5 Refresh from propagating from an IFRAME to top lev
Developer-specific resources include:

MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...opment/threads

Tip: When posting in Developer forums, always include a link to your web
site or test pages in your first post.

IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx

HTML and DHTML Overviews and Tutorials
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone visual
debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-dccff3fae677

Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/...easeNotes.aspx

Validators:
http://validator.w3.org/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/