IE8 does not shutdown

Ray

IE8 does not shutdown
WindowsXP Pro Sp3

The blue screen with the message "Windows is shutting down" hangs and will not close.

--
Ray

Jeff Strickland

Re: IE8 does not shutdown
That's a Windows problem, not an Internet Explorer problem.

"Ray" <rbarone@nwi.net> wrote in message
> WindowsXP Pro Sp3
>
> The blue screen with the message "Windows is shutting down" hangs and will
> not close.
>
> --
> Ray

Ray

Re: IE8 does not shutdown
Sorry. I'm new around here.

--
Ray

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> That's a Windows problem, not an Internet Explorer problem.
>

> "Ray" <rbarone@nwi.net> wrote in message news:u9WSRMP1KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> WindowsXP Pro Sp3
>>
>> The blue screen with the message "Windows is shutting down" hangs and will not close.
>>
>> --
>> Ray

Jeff Strickland

Re: IE8 does not shutdown
No worries.

Windows will fail to shutdown, and I'm surprised that you are reporting
this. It's actually a pretty common event that the only way I have found to
overcome is to press and hold the Power Switch on your machine and force it
OFF, then turn it back ON again.

The blue screen you report in not the infamous Blue Screen of Death, it's
the normal blue screen (light blue) that windows displays during the normal
and customary closing sequence. There is another blue screen that comes up
when the machine is having a serious problem, this blue screen is the blue
screen of death.

In your case, there is something that's not closing properly, and your
machine has hung. Press and hold the Power Button until it shuts down --
this should take upwards of 5 seconds, but hold it for as long at it takes.
The machine does not like to be shut down by pressijng the Power Switch, so
they have put in a swtich in the BIOS that will prevent a momentary press of
the Power Switch from shutting it down by accident. You have to press and
hold the button until the power is cut off.

> Sorry. I'm new around here.
>
> --
> Ray
>
> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> That's a Windows problem, not an Internet Explorer problem.
>>

>> "Ray" <rbarone@nwi.net> wrote in message
>>> WindowsXP Pro Sp3
>>>
>>> The blue screen with the message "Windows is shutting down" hangs and
>>> will not close.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ray

Ray

Re: IE8 does not shutdown
Thanks, Jeff. That's what I have been doing but I'm a fussbudget and it bugs me when
things don't do what they're supposed to.