Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Jay125

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
I have a machine running vista basic and internet explorer 8. I am able to
open most internet pages. But when I click on a video the page that opens up
states "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" I tried opening it with
firefox and get the same. I tried opening it using my iPhone (Using the same
wireless network) and the page loads. Ive tried disabling firewall and
anti-virus, all to no avail. Please help!
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

"Jay125" <Jay125@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news59EBEAA-2883-490F-AFAD-725D578B1791@microsoft.com...
> I have a machine running vista basic and internet explorer 8. I am able to
> open most internet pages. But when I click on a video the page that opens
> up
> states "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" I tried opening it
> with
> firefox and get the same. I tried opening it using my iPhone (Using the
> same
> wireless network) and the page loads. Ive tried disabling firewall and
> anti-virus, all to no avail. Please help!

Do you have a publicly accessible URL for an example? Also, see if you can
extract an actual URL that you could give to WMP. E.g. if you have that
you could open media player stand alone and use its Ctrl-u command.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Jay125

Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
I was able to extract the URL and attempt to play it in WMP but the video
still would not play.

> I was able to extract the URL and attempt to play it in WMP but the video
> still would not play.

Then I think that lets IE off the hook. ; ) I don't know what
diagnostics WMP has. FWIW I would try using ProcMon first to see if there
are any. I'd also try using Fiddler2 to see if there is anything obvious
via the HTTP flow. Otherwise I think you would need to go to a full packet
trace, such as WireShark to see what is going on in terms of requests and

Good luck

Robert
---