Upgrading IE Has Turned My Computer Into an XP Version of Vista

jim evans

Upgrading IE Has Turned My Computer Into an XP Version of Vista
I have held off upgrading from version 6 of IE for as long as possible
for exactly the kind of thing that happened, but a website I use
routinely has forced me to upgrade. After upgrading I now get nag
messages when I do various activities that have absolutely nothing to
do with the browser. I get warning messages when I start programs and
various ordinary activities. I get the following warning when I put
a picture in Photoshop and even when I copy a file from one drive to
another:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8206/0138.png

jim
jim evans

Re: Upgrading IE Has Turned My Computer Into an XP Version of Vista
In case it isn't obvious the question is, how do I stop this incessant
nagging.

I'm running XP Pro.

jim
Rob

jim evans <jimsTAKEOUTnews2@houston.rr.com> wrote:
> In case it isn't obvious the question is, how do I stop this incessant
> nagging.
>
> I'm running XP Pro.

You'll probably get asked all the version numbers of your OS,
browser, virus scanner and what software you have used before.

jim evans wrote:
> I have held off upgrading from version 6 of IE for as long as possible
> for exactly the kind of thing that happened, but a website I use
> routinely has forced me to upgrade. After upgrading I now get nag
> messages when I do various activities that have absolutely nothing to
> do with the browser. I get warning messages when I start programs and
> various ordinary activities. I get the following warning when I put
> a picture in Photoshop and even when I copy a file from one drive to
> another:
>
> http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8206/0138.png

[Agent]
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?

it)?

Cite a few examples of these "various activities" which elicit this "page
has an unspecified potential security risk" warnings.

PS: Quote this entire post or don't bother replying to it.

Donald Anadell

"jim evans" <jimsTAKEOUTnews2@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have held off upgrading from version 6 of IE for as long as possible
> for exactly the kind of thing that happened, but a website I use
> routinely has forced me to upgrade. After upgrading I now get nag
> messages when I do various activities that have absolutely nothing to
> do with the browser. I get warning messages when I start programs and
> various ordinary activities. I get the following warning when I put
> a picture in Photoshop and even when I copy a file from one drive to
> another:
>
> http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8206/0138.png
>
> jim

Are you using a Network Share, see: