Trouble with IE 8

rich

Trouble with IE 8
I am constantly getting a "windows internet explorer is not working"
message. I restart it and it works for a while. I'd like to uninstall it
and re-install a new copy, hoping that, somehow ...something was corrupted.

If I uninstall Internet explorer 8.... will I lose all of my saved messages
and addresses etc.? I also have a lot of message rules that I'd like to NOT
lose, too. I have backed the system up, but retrieving all of those items
will take a LOT of time I'd rather not spend.

Any other suggestions to try to fix the constant "freezes" that are
happening will be appreciated. thanks, Rich

Leonard Grey

Re: Trouble with IE 8
"Tips For Solving Problems with Internet Explorer"
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer

By the way: Internet Explorer is a web browser, not an e-mail client.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

rich wrote:
> I am constantly getting a "windows internet explorer is not working"
> message. I restart it and it works for a while. I'd like to uninstall
> it and re-install a new copy, hoping that, somehow ...something was
> corrupted.
>
> If I uninstall Internet explorer 8.... will I lose all of my saved
> messages and addresses etc.? I also have a lot of message rules that I'd
> like to NOT lose, too. I have backed the system up, but retrieving all
> of those items will take a LOT of time I'd rather not spend.
>
> Any other suggestions to try to fix the constant "freezes" that are
> happening will be appreciated. thanks, Rich

Re: Trouble with IE 8
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as
your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do
so in your next reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?

rich wrote:
> I am constantly getting a "windows internet explorer is not working"
> message. I restart it and it works for a while. I'd like to uninstall it
> and re-install a new copy, hoping that, somehow ...something was
> corrupted.
>
> If I uninstall Internet explorer 8.... will I lose all of my saved
> messages
> and addresses etc.? I also have a lot of message rules that I'd like to
> NOT
> lose, too. I have backed the system up, but retrieving all of those
> items
> will take a LOT of time I'd rather not spend.
>
> Any other suggestions to try to fix the constant "freezes" that are
> happening will be appreciated. thanks, Rich

rich

Re: Trouble with IE 8
Thanks Leonard. I've done the various things that the site suggested. We
will see. regards, Rich

IE8 sp2