Peter J. Dickason, MCSE

I have a problem with one server where it thinks the pop-up block is on when
it is actually not. I disable the pop-up blocker for all zones in group
policy but I continue to receive messages from websites that pop-ups are
disabled and that I need to enable them. I don't understand how this can be
the case unless IE is doing something its not telling me about. Any ideas?

PS IE ESC is disabled on this server. IE ESC was disabled before terminal
services was installed.

thanks
Pete

Re: IE 7 / Win2k3 x64 server things pop-up blocker is on
> ...I continue to receive messages from websites that pop-ups are
> disabled and that I need to enable them.

Doesn't that suggest that pop-up blocking is, in fact, disabled/turned off?

Peter J. ****ason, MCSE wrote:
> I have a problem with one server where it thinks the pop-up block is on
> when
> it is actually not. I disable the pop-up blocker for all zones in group
> policy but I continue to receive messages from websites that pop-ups are
> disabled and that I need to enable them. I don't understand how this can
> be
> the case unless IE is doing something its not telling me about. Any
> ideas?
>
> PS IE ESC is disabled on this server. IE ESC was disabled before terminal
> services was installed.

Peter J. Dickason, MCSE

Re: IE 7 / Win2k3 x64 server things pop-up blocker is on
No the website was complaining that popups themselves are disabled meaning a
blocker was enabled somewhere.

I reinstalled IE7 and it seems ok now. Go figure.

thx
Pete