IE8 'View Source' opens minimised

Bob N

IE8 'View Source' opens minimised
Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in IE8
it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar.

It can be viewed when maximised ok.
It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl.
It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window.

I am perplexed?
rob^_^

Re: IE8 'View Source' opens minimised
Hi Bob,

It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE
Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it.

I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last night
my time)... It is also affecting all scripted popup windows..

Here is the fix for view-source though.

Press F12 to display the developer tool, Choose File>Customize Internet
Explorer View Source>Notepad

I am using Vista x86 SP2 with NIVIDA GForce. Can you please post back with
your Windows and Graphics card details.

Regards.

"Bob N" <Bob N@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in
> IE8
> it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar.
>
> It can be viewed when maximised ok.
> It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl.
> It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window.
>
> I am perplexed?

Bob N

Re: IE8 'View Source' opens minimised
Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2, and NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE
nForce 430 Graphics Card.

I too noticed this happen subsequent to updates and it has happened on two
PCs I use. Bit of an inconvenience rather than a problem. If I change the
Registry Keys to 'Notepad' the window stays in view (not minimised) but as
soon as I revert back to the Default Editor is minimises immediately?? What
will the next Microsoft update bring??

Cheers
Bob N
"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE
> Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it.
>
> I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last night
> my time)... It is also affecting all scripted popup windows..
>
> Here is the fix for view-source though.
>
> Press F12 to display the developer tool, Choose File>Customize Internet
> Explorer View Source>Notepad
>
> I am using Vista x86 SP2 with NIVIDA GForce. Can you please post back with
> your Windows and Graphics card details.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Bob N" <Bob N@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in
> > IE8
> > it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar.
> >
> > It can be viewed when maximised ok.
> > It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl.
> > It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window.
> >
> > I am perplexed?

rob^_^

Re: IE8 'View Source' opens minimised
Its a low level patch, not so much to do with IE. Its a catchup game with
the black hats. Slowly MS is gaining the upper hand. A new nail will be
issued to hold the new Jell-O in place subsequently. Such is the SDLC. As a
developer I know nothing is perfect and don't have expectations of such. The
other browser vendors have the same issues, but we don't see their posts
here.