I cannot print from IE7

frogliver

I cannot print from IE7
Vista Home Premium. For while I could not print to either paper or pdf in IE
and Firefox. But I could print in Avant and Maxthon.

I messed with Firefox addons and options and can now print from its
webpages, tried the same thing with IE but still get "IE has shut down.
Windows is trying to find out why". The screen goes diffuse, I hit cancel on
the windows search thing and IE restarts.

I have scanned with three known AV/Anti-malware apps and am clean enough to
pay my bills tomorrow so infection is not the problem. Any suggestions?

thanks,

frog

Re: I cannot print from IE7
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2 as
well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup.
Please do so in your next reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

frogliver wrote:
> Vista Home Premium. For while I could not print to either paper or pdf in
> IE
> and Firefox. But I could print in Avant and Maxthon.
>
> I messed with Firefox addons and options and can now print from its
> webpages, tried the same thing with IE but still get "IE has shut down.
> Windows is trying to find out why". The screen goes diffuse, I hit cancel
> on
> the windows search thing and IE restarts.
>
> I have scanned with three known AV/Anti-malware apps and am clean enough
> pay my bills tomorrow so infection is not the problem. Any suggestions?
>
> thanks,
>
> frog

frogliver

Re: I cannot print from IE7
Still won't print with NO add-ons, nor after I reset IE7. There are NO
viruses nor malware. A week ago everything printed fine.

Again, Avant and Maxthon print fine, Firefox and IE7 didn't but I fixed
Firefox by messing with Firefox options. Nothing I do with IE7 changes
things --when I click on Print, Page Setup, Print Preview, anything to do
with printing, the window diffuses and says "IE has stopped working". I
noticed that Windows has installed iPrint and Windows XPS Document Writer in
my printer folder without my knowing it -- could those be the source of
printing problems with IE7?

I'm giving this a chance before totally switching to Chrome. It sucks when
everything works great on a Windows OS except a Windows app, and Windows
offers no diagnoses or explanation.

frog

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2
> as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or
> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7
> & IE8 in all OSS]

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> frogliver wrote:
>> Vista Home Premium. For while I could not print to either paper or pdf in
>> IE
>> and Firefox. But I could print in Avant and Maxthon.
>>
>> I messed with Firefox addons and options and can now print from its
>> webpages, tried the same thing with IE but still get "IE has shut down.
>> Windows is trying to find out why". The screen goes diffuse, I hit cancel
>> on
>> the windows search thing and IE restarts.
>>
>> I have scanned with three known AV/Anti-malware apps and am clean enough
>> pay my bills tomorrow so infection is not the problem. Any suggestions?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> frog

Re: I cannot print from IE7
> ...There are NO viruses nor malware.

That does not answer my questions #3 and #4.

> ...A week ago everything printed fine.

Is KB980182 installed earlier this week and did the problem begin after it
was installed?

frogliver wrote:
> Still won't print with NO add-ons, nor after I reset IE7. There are NO
> viruses nor malware. A week ago everything printed fine.
>
> Again, Avant and Maxthon print fine, Firefox and IE7 didn't but I fixed
> Firefox by messing with Firefox options. Nothing I do with IE7 changes
> things --when I click on Print, Page Setup, Print Preview, anything to do
> with printing, the window diffuses and says "IE has stopped working". I
> noticed that Windows has installed iPrint and Windows XPS Document Writer
> in
> my printer folder without my knowing it -- could those be the source of
> printing problems with IE7?
>
> I'm giving this a chance before totally switching to Chrome. It sucks when
> everything works great on a Windows OS except a Windows app, and Windows
> offers no diagnoses or explanation.
>
> frog

>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2
>> as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or
>> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>>
>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7
>> & IE8 in all OSS]

>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>>
>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>>
>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought
>> it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> frogliver wrote:
>>> Vista Home Premium. For while I could not print to either paper or pdf
>>> in
>>> IE
>>> and Firefox. But I could print in Avant and Maxthon.
>>>
>>> I messed with Firefox addons and options and can now print from its
>>> webpages, tried the same thing with IE but still get "IE has shut down.
>>> Windows is trying to find out why". The screen goes diffuse, I hit
>>> cancel
>>> on
>>> the windows search thing and IE restarts.
>>>
>>> I have scanned with three known AV/Anti-malware apps and am clean enough
>>> pay my bills tomorrow so infection is not the problem. Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> frog

frogliver

Re: I cannot print from IE7
KB980182 is not installed.

I have Zone Alarm firewall. Avira Antivir runs and I used that,
Malwarebytes, Spyware Terminator, and Returnil to scan immediately after
updating which I always do before paying monthly bills online.

Never used Norton, The McAfee stuff that came with the OEM has been purged
with Cleanse Uninstaller, never used it. I have had this laptop since just
about when Vista came out.

frog

>> ...There are NO viruses nor malware.

> That does not answer my questions #3 and #4.
>
>> ...A week ago everything printed fine.

> Is KB980182 installed earlier this week and did the problem begin after it
> was installed?
>
> frogliver wrote:
>> Still won't print with NO add-ons, nor after I reset IE7. There are NO
>> viruses nor malware. A week ago everything printed fine.
>>
>> Again, Avant and Maxthon print fine, Firefox and IE7 didn't but I fixed
>> Firefox by messing with Firefox options. Nothing I do with IE7 changes
>> things --when I click on Print, Page Setup, Print Preview, anything to do
>> with printing, the window diffuses and says "IE has stopped working". I
>> noticed that Windows has installed iPrint and Windows XPS Document Writer
>> in
>> my printer folder without my knowing it -- could those be the source of
>> printing problems with IE7?
>>
>> I'm giving this a chance before totally switching to Chrome. It sucks
>> when
>> everything works great on a Windows OS except a Windows app, and Windows
>> offers no diagnoses or explanation.
>>
>> frog

>>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit
>>> SP2
>>> as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or
>>> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>>>
>>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?
>>>
>>> => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
>>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to
>>> IE7
>>> & IE8 in all OSS]
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>>>
>>> 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>>>
>>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
>>> your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>>>
>>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
>>> this
>>> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>>> bought
>>> it)?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: I cannot print from IE7
Have you ever run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?

Why isn't KB980182 installed?

frogliver wrote:
> KB980182 is not installed.
>
> I have Zone Alarm firewall. Avira Antivir runs and I used that,
> Malwarebytes, Spyware Terminator, and Returnil to scan immediately after
> updating which I always do before paying monthly bills online.
>
> Never used Norton, The McAfee stuff that came with the OEM has been
> purged
> with Cleanse Uninstaller, never used it. I have had this laptop since just
> about when Vista came out.
>
> frog

>>> ...There are NO viruses nor malware.

>> That does not answer my questions #3 and #4.
>>
>>> ...A week ago everything printed fine.

>> Is KB980182 installed earlier this week and did the problem begin after
>> it
>> was installed?
>>
>> frogliver wrote:
>>> Still won't print with NO add-ons, nor after I reset IE7. There are NO
>>> viruses nor malware. A week ago everything printed fine.
>>>
>>> Again, Avant and Maxthon print fine, Firefox and IE7 didn't but I fixed
>>> Firefox by messing with Firefox options. Nothing I do with IE7 changes
>>> things --when I click on Print, Page Setup, Print Preview, anything to
>>> do
>>> with printing, the window diffuses and says "IE has stopped working". I
>>> noticed that Windows has installed iPrint and Windows XPS Document
>>> Writer
>>> in
>>> my printer folder without my knowing it -- could those be the source of
>>> printing problems with IE7?
>>>
>>> I'm giving this a chance before totally switching to Chrome. It sucks
>>> when
>>> everything works great on a Windows OS except a Windows app, and Windows
>>> offers no diagnoses or explanation.
>>>
>>> frog

frogliver

Re: I cannot print from IE7
FYI I just solved the problem by unblocking SNAGIT7.dll (a printer attached
to the capture app) from Spyware Terminator. I was almost ready to just quit
using IE (switched to IE8 in the process).

Thanks for your input.

frog

> Have you ever run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?
>
> Why isn't KB980182 installed?
>

> frogliver wrote:
>> KB980182 is not installed.
>>
>> I have Zone Alarm firewall. Avira Antivir runs and I used that,
>> Malwarebytes, Spyware Terminator, and Returnil to scan immediately after
>> updating which I always do before paying monthly bills online.
>>
>> Never used Norton, The McAfee stuff that came with the OEM has been
>> purged
>> with Cleanse Uninstaller, never used it. I have had this laptop since
>> just
>> about when Vista came out.
>>
>> frog

>>> That does not answer my questions #3 and #4.

>>> Is KB980182 installed earlier this week and did the problem begin after
>>> it
>>> was installed?

Re: I cannot print from IE7
Repost:

> Have you ever run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?
>
> Why isn't KB980182 installed?

IMPORTANT! => Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) [that's YOU!] ends
on 13 April 2010 (i.e., next Tuesday)! After that date, computers running
Vista Gold will NOT be offered any further critical security updates,
Automatic Updates will not work, and you will not be able to update manually
until SP1 or SP2 is installed.

What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-support-mean

PS: SNAGIT7.dll is a driver, not a printer.
--
~PA Bear