IE 8 - An error has ocurred in the script on this page

Bob

IE 8 - An error has ocurred in the script on this page

All,

We recently upgraded to IE8 from 7 and get random script error messages when
printing. I searched the net/and I'm continuing my search, if anyone can
help it would be greatly appreciated.

Below is the message ----

Thanks,
Bob

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 2570
Char: 1
Error: Permission denied
Code: 0

Re: IE 8 - An error has ocurred in the script on this page
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?

Bob wrote:
> We recently upgraded to IE8 from 7 and get random script error messages
> when
> printing. I searched the net/and I'm continuing my search, if anyone can
> help it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Below is the message ----
>
> An error has occurred in the script on this page
>
> Line: 2570
> Char: 1
> Error: Permission denied
> Code: 0

Bob

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
> when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
> reply.
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
> IE8 in all OSS]

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
> in the background when you installed IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Bob wrote:
> > We recently upgraded to IE8 from 7 and get random script error messages
> > when
> > printing. I searched the net/and I'm continuing my search, if anyone can
> > help it would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Below is the message ----
> >
> > An error has occurred in the script on this page
> >
> > Line: 2570
> > Char: 1
> > Error: Permission denied
> > Code: 0

> .

Thank you for the information ---- I will test and respond back

The systems are all running Windows XP Professional SP3
Internet Explorer 8 - not Beta
We use Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.5002 (latest versions/defs up to
date). No other A/V software.
Symantec was running while IE updated
I updated IE8 from IE7 with WSUS

Bob

Bob

"Bob" wrote:

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> > Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
> > when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
> > reply.
> >
> > 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?
> >
> > => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
> > Explorer (No add-ons).
> >
> > Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
> > IE8 in all OSS]
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
> >
> > 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
> >
> > 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> > What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
> > in the background when you installed IE8?
> >
> > 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> > machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> > it)?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> >

> > Bob wrote:
> > > We recently upgraded to IE8 from 7 and get random script error messages
> > > when
> > > printing. I searched the net/and I'm continuing my search, if anyone can
> > > help it would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Below is the message ----
> > >
> > > An error has occurred in the script on this page
> > >
> > > Line: 2570
> > > Char: 1
> > > Error: Permission denied
> > > Code: 0

> > .
> >

> Thank you for the information ---- I will test and respond back
>
> The systems are all running Windows XP Professional SP3
> Internet Explorer 8 - not Beta
> We use Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.5002 (latest versions/defs up to
> date). No other A/V software.
> Symantec was running while IE updated
> I updated IE8 from IE7 with WSUS
>

> Bob

Even after I tried the no add-on's then reset IE settings, still the same
problem.
I have accelerators off, no IE add-ons.

The problem is with our application, the users presses the print button on
IE, then they press the enter key, printer, enter key. They are printing the
current screen, press enter to get to the next screen, print that screen.
It's not every page --- the message comes up about 4 times for every 10 times
they press the enter key.

I think ---- it may be our web based application that is the problem with
IE8, never happened with IE7

Any more information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob wrote:

>>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>>> SP2;
>>> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE
>>> version
>>> when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your
>>> next reply.
>>>
>>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?
>>>
>>> => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
>>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to
>>> IE7
>>> & IE8 in all OSS]
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>>>
>>> 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>>>
>>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
>>> your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
>>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>>>
>>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
>>> this
>>> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>>> bought
>>> it)?

> Even after I tried the no add-on's then reset IE settings, still the same
> problem. I have accelerators off, no IE add-ons.
>
> The problem is with our application, the users presses the print button on
> IE, then they press the enter key, printer, enter key. They are printing
> the
> current screen, press enter to get to the next screen, print that screen.
> It's not every page --- the message comes up about 4 times for every 10
> times they press the enter key.
>
> I think ---- it may be our web based application that is the problem with
> IE8, never happened with IE7

Does this happen in all Windows versions running IE8 (hence "Always state
your full Windows version" in my first reply)?

Had you stated that it (only?) occurs in your application, I would have
posted the following in my first reply:

Developer-specific resources include:

MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...opment/threads

Tip: When posting in Developer forums, always include a link to your web
site or test pages in your first post.

IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx

Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone visual
debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-dccff3fae677

Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/...easeNotes.aspx

Validators:
http://validator.w3.org/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/