Popup blocker paradigm is T E R R I B L E !!!

Todd Beaulieu

Popup blocker paradigm is T E R R I B L E !!!
I've always primarily used IE. I'm not interested in a religious debtate
about browsers. It's just convenient.

Well, this popup blocker is getting more and more unacceptable and I've
started using Firefox, because I just can't take it any longer!

Typical scenario:

I go to a site. Select North America on a fancy map.
Then select US on a subsequent prompt.
There's the popup notification bar. So I have to enable popups temporarily.

WAIT! The page has RELOADED and I have to start all over again!

I wrestled with this STUPID DESIGN to the point where I was SCREAMING the
other day. I had to navigate through a site, filling out a form THREE TIMES
before IE finally allowed me to do my job!

You really need to find a better way to do this. There's just no reason to
reload the page to allow a stupid popup. None.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Popup blocker paradigm is T E R R I B L E !!!

"Todd Beaulieu" <ToddBeaulieu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've always primarily used IE. I'm not interested in a religious debtate
> about browsers. It's just convenient.
>
> Well, this popup blocker is getting more and more unacceptable and I've
> started using Firefox, because I just can't take it any longer!
>
> Typical scenario:
>
> I go to a site. Select North America on a fancy map.
> Then select US on a subsequent prompt.
> There's the popup notification bar. So I have to enable popups
> temporarily.
>
> WAIT! The page has RELOADED and I have to start all over again!
>
> I wrestled with this STUPID DESIGN to the point where I was SCREAMING the
> other day. I had to navigate through a site, filling out a form THREE
> TIMES
> before IE finally allowed me to do my job!
>

> You really need to find a better way to do this. There's just no reason to
> reload the page to allow a stupid popup. None.

If you know that you are using a site which does popups why not allow it to
do popups or at least use the keyboard shortcut which says that? (e.g.
Ctrl+Alt+Click)

---

Squeaky

Re: Popup blocker paradigm is T E R R I B L E !!!
Now just how are you supposed to know THAT ahead of time?

Todd, it annoys me too.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Todd Beaulieu" <ToddBeaulieu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've always primarily used IE. I'm not interested in a religious debtate
> > about browsers. It's just convenient.
> >
> > Well, this popup blocker is getting more and more unacceptable and I've
> > started using Firefox, because I just can't take it any longer!
> >
> > Typical scenario:
> >
> > I go to a site. Select North America on a fancy map.
> > Then select US on a subsequent prompt.
> > There's the popup notification bar. So I have to enable popups
> > temporarily.
> >
> > WAIT! The page has RELOADED and I have to start all over again!
> >
> > I wrestled with this STUPID DESIGN to the point where I was SCREAMING the
> > other day. I had to navigate through a site, filling out a form THREE
> > TIMES
> > before IE finally allowed me to do my job!
> >

> > You really need to find a better way to do this. There's just no reason to
> > reload the page to allow a stupid popup. None.

> If you know that you are using a site which does popups why not allow it to
> do popups or at least use the keyboard shortcut which says that? (e.g.
> Ctrl+Alt+Click)
>

> ---
>
> .

Peter J. Dickason, MCSE

Re: Popup blocker paradigm is T E R R I B L E !!!
Me too. I disable pop-up blocker in policy. There is no use for it.