Windows 7, explorer 8 change from 64 to 32 bit to allow flash play

slw1122

Windows 7, explorer 8 change from 64 to 32 bit to allow flash play
Can anyone help, all I am getting are messages that state adobe flash player
is not compatable with 64 bit change your browser to 32 bit. I go to the
exporer site and it tells me I already have explorer 8 downloaded and when i
check the available downloads none are for Windows 7.
I've checked programme files and unlike explorer 7 there is not a 32 & 64
bit download
Nathan Sokalski

Re: Windows 7, explorer 8 change from 64 to 32 bit to allow flash play
Internet Explorer 8 should have come with Windows 7 (supposedly
preinstalled). If it is preinstalled, check the following location for the
32-bit version:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

And for the 64-bit version:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

If it is not preinstalled and there is not download for Windows 7, I would
use the one for Windows Vista, since Windows 7 is based on Windows Vista.
Hopefully this helps.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

"slw1122" <slw1122@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help, all I am getting are messages that state adobe flash
> player
> is not compatable with 64 bit change your browser to 32 bit. I go to the
> exporer site and it tells me I already have explorer 8 downloaded and when
> check the available downloads none are for Windows 7.
> I've checked programme files and unlike explorer 7 there is not a 32 & 64
> bit download

Dan

"Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Internet Explorer 8 should have come with Windows 7 (supposedly
> preinstalled).

It is pre-installed. On 64-bit Windows both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions
are installed.

> If it is preinstalled, check the following location for the 32-bit
> version:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
>
> And for the 64-bit version:
>
> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
>
> If it is not preinstalled and there is not download for Windows 7, I would
> use the one for Windows Vista, since Windows 7 is based on Windows Vista.
> Hopefully this helps.

It doesn't matter if you download IE8 for Vista - it won't install on
Windows 7.

Dan

> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokalski@hotmail.com
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/
>
> "slw1122" <slw1122@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone help, all I am getting are messages that state adobe flash
>> player
>> is not compatable with 64 bit change your browser to 32 bit. I go to the
>> exporer site and it tells me I already have explorer 8 downloaded and
>> when i
>> check the available downloads none are for Windows 7.
>> I've checked programme files and unlike explorer 7 there is not a 32 & 64
>> bit download

Nathan Sokalski

Re: Windows 7, explorer 8 change from 64 to 32 bit to allow flash play
Do you have your original Windows 7 CD? You may need to get Internet
Explorer 8 from that.
--

"Dan" <news@worldofspack.com> wrote in message

> "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Internet Explorer 8 should have come with Windows 7 (supposedly
>> preinstalled).

> It is pre-installed. On 64-bit Windows both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions
> are installed.
>
>> If it is preinstalled, check the following location for the 32-bit
>> version:
>>
>> C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
>>
>> And for the 64-bit version:
>>
>> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
>>
>> If it is not preinstalled and there is not download for Windows 7, I
>> would use the one for Windows Vista, since Windows 7 is based on Windows
>> Vista. Hopefully this helps.

> It doesn't matter if you download IE8 for Vista - it won't install on
> Windows 7.
>
> Dan
>
>> --
>> Nathan Sokalski
>> njsokalski@hotmail.com
>> http://www.nathansokalski.com/
>>
>> "slw1122" <slw1122@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Can anyone help, all I am getting are messages that state adobe flash
>>> player
>>> is not compatable with 64 bit change your browser to 32 bit. I go to the
>>> exporer site and it tells me I already have explorer 8 downloaded and
>>> when i
>>> check the available downloads none are for Windows 7.
>>> I've checked programme files and unlike explorer 7 there is not a 32 &
>>> 64
>>> bit download

Re: Windows 7, explorer 8 change from 64 to 32 bit to allow flash play
See this discussion:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981