Error: IE is not responding

Ilya Zeldes

Error: IE is not responding
I have Windows 7 64 bit and IE 8. Recently, while running IE, I get error
"IE is not responding" with 3 options: close program, restart or wait. In
fact, any option ends in restart... What causes this error? How to fix it?

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

Leonard Grey

Re: Error: IE is not responding
"Tips For Solving Problems with Internet Explorer"
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Ilya Zeldes wrote:
> I have Windows 7 64 bit and IE 8. Recently, while running IE, I get
> error "IE is not responding" with 3 options: close program, restart or
> wait. In fact, any option ends in restart... What causes this error? How
> to fix it?

Jeff Layman

"Ilya Zeldes" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
newsE0CC3DD-7508-48E1-BF3D-423125C36A37@microsoft.com...
> I have Windows 7 64 bit and IE 8. Recently, while running IE, I get error
> "IE is not responding" with 3 options: close program, restart or wait. In
> fact, any option ends in restart... What causes this error? How to fix it?
>
> --
> Ilya Zeldes
> Fort Myers, Florida

Install Firefox (or another browser such as Opera or Chrome).

It won't fix your IE8 problem, but it will give you an option to browse when
IE8 plays up.

--

Jeff

Ilya Zeldes

Re: Error: IE is not responding
Thanks, Leonard, I'll check this item out...

Ilya

> "Tips For Solving Problems with Internet Explorer"
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Ilya Zeldes wrote:
>> I have Windows 7 64 bit and IE 8. Recently, while running IE, I get error
>> "IE is not responding" with 3 options: close program, restart or wait. In
>> fact, any option ends in restart... What causes this error? How to fix
>> it?

Ilya Zeldes

Re: Error: IE is not responding
Jeff, I have already Chrome and Safari installed, but I need IE anyway.
Thanks for suggestion.

Ilya

"Jeff Layman" <jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> "Ilya Zeldes" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> newsE0CC3DD-7508-48E1-BF3D-423125C36A37@microsoft.com...
>> I have Windows 7 64 bit and IE 8. Recently, while running IE, I get error
>> "IE is not responding" with 3 options: close program, restart or wait. In
>> fact, any option ends in restart... What causes this error? How to fix
>> it?
>>
>> --
>> Ilya Zeldes
>> Fort Myers, Florida

> Install Firefox (or another browser such as Opera or Chrome).
>
> It won't fix your IE8 problem, but it will give you an option to browse
> when IE8 plays up.
>
> --
>
> Jeff

Re: Error: IE is not responding
What Leonard said.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

> Jeff, I have already Chrome and Safari installed, but I need IE anyway.
> Thanks for suggestion.
>
> Ilya

Out of interest, are you running IE8 "out of the Win 7 box"? In other
words, the 32-bit version?

I have a similar problem to you with endless "Internet explorer is not
responding" messages. I've just started to use the 64-bit version which
comes with Win 7 to see if there is any improvement.

--

Jeff

Ilya Zeldes

Re: Error: IE is not responding
Jeff,
as I said in my original post, I have Win 7 x64. It worked fine until
recently. I did follow Leonard's suggestion and adjusted some ad-ons and for
a while there are no errors...

> "Ilya Zeldes" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Jeff, I have already Chrome and Safari installed, but I need IE anyway.
>> Thanks for suggestion.
>>
>> Ilya
>>

> Out of interest, are you running IE8 "out of the Win 7 box"? In other
> words, the 32-bit version?
>
> I have a similar problem to you with endless "Internet explorer is not
> responding" messages. I've just started to use the 64-bit version which
> comes with Win 7 to see if there is any improvement.
>

> --
>
> Jeff

Ilya Zeldes

> What Leonard said.

> subscription current?

From April 1, my ISP provides Norton, which is current.
Before that, ISP provided McAfee.

What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
None

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

None

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?

See above.
Also FYI, see my previous reply to Jeff

> Ilya Zeldes wrote:
>> I have Windows 7 64 bit and IE 8. Recently, while running IE, I get error
>> "IE is not responding" with 3 options: close program, restart or wait. In
>> fact, any option ends in restart... What causes this error? How to fix
>> it?

Re: Error: IE is not responding
Are you a Comcast subscriber?...

Support for Comcast Users switching from McAfee to Norton
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...owe ntry=1655