CUT feature in IE 8 is not prope

rakshit sangani

CUT feature in IE 8 is not prope
when we add CUT feature in tool bar section as visible and when we select
anything in the website and click on the CUT it vanishes that particular
component from the website i would suggest that you please look into that as
i think its not proper i can show you the video the exact behaviour .

You can send me the mail regarding this to rak****.sangani@hotmail.com

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Gordon

Re: CUT feature in IE 8 is not prope

"rak**** sangani" <rak**** sangani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2163B8F6-543D-4D18-B33B-07732D9CB77F@microsoft.com...
> when we add CUT feature in tool bar section as visible and when we select
> anything in the website and click on the CUT it vanishes that particular
> component from the website

WHAT "cut" feature?

Jeff Strickland

Re: CUT feature in IE 8 is not prope
I don't want you to CUT anything from my website. I might not want you to
COPY anything, but for damn sure I don't want you to cut it.

Just because you add a tool to the Tool Bar does not mean the tool will
work.

"rak**** sangani" <rak**** sangani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2163B8F6-543D-4D18-B33B-07732D9CB77F@microsoft.com...
> when we add CUT feature in tool bar section as visible and when we select
> anything in the website and click on the CUT it vanishes that particular
> component from the website i would suggest that you please look into that
> as
> i think its not proper i can show you the video the exact behaviour .
>
> You can send me the mail regarding this to rak****.sangani@hotmail.com
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Donald Anadell

Re: CUT feature in IE 8 is not prope

"rak**** sangani" <rak**** sangani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2163B8F6-543D-4D18-B33B-07732D9CB77F@microsoft.com...
> when we add CUT feature in tool bar section as visible and when we select
> anything in the website and click on the CUT it vanishes that particular
> component from the website i would suggest that you please look into that
> as
> i think its not proper i can show you the video the exact behaviour .

By "CUT Feature" I assume you mean adding the "CUT Button" to the Command
Bar.

You can only use the "CUT Button" on text that you have personally entered
in text field, such as the Address Bar or a composition window(example
Gmail).

If you're trying to Copy existing text on a web site, Highlight the text and
use Copy||Paste.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> You can send me the mail regarding this to rak****.sangani@hotmail.com
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

VanguardLH

rak**** sangani wrote:

> when we add CUT feature in tool bar section as visible and when we select
> anything in the website and click on the CUT it vanishes that particular
> component from the website i would suggest that you please look into that as
> i think its not proper i can show you the video the exact behaviour .
>
> You can send me the mail regarding this to rak****.sangani@hotmail.com

Do you even know what is a web *browser*? You don't get to cut anything
from the web pages offered by a web server at a site.

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface (e.g., Microsoft's Communities,
Google Groups, or a leech site using a forum-to-Usenet proxy), those are
gateways to Usenet. Despite the pretense of a forum, you are participating
in a newsgroup (aka Usenet).

How to post to newsgroups:
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.

Bye.

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

One, this is Usenet, not a free venue to support from Microsoft despite
Microsoft's attempt to usurp Usenet by slapping on a webnews-for-dummies
interface. Two, you obviously do not want to be taken seriously in your
supposed request because you do so poorly at describing what you want as a
feature request.
rakshit sangani

Re: CUT feature in IE 8 is not proper

First you have the CUT feature i.e tool from the customize your ur toolbar
visible on your toolbar .Then what you do is select some text or picture
with your mouse.
then click on the CUT icon on the tool bar .

Actual Result : The word or the picture just disappears. If you have
selected a hyperlink and the click on CUT it will vanish the hyperlink only
after refreshing the page you will get the link back.

IN IE 7 I have tried using the same CUT feature but its not working like the
CUT feature like this in IE 8.
moreover if i m right this behaves same as what we normally do that by
selecting an word to cut we select it and right click and select the cut
feature.

but here when we select the word here in IE 8 of any website and right click
, the cut feature is disabled.
Then why the Button in the tool bar is working???
IS it for different function ??
rakshit sangani

Re: CUT feature in IE 8 is not prope

"Donald Anadell I really appreciate you for understand my problem i exactly
mean by putting the cut feature from the tool bar.

HERE is the main reason I have written what i have noticed.

"Jeff Strickland" wrote:

> I don't want you to CUT anything from my website. I might not want you to
> COPY anything, but for damn sure I don't want you to cut it.
>
> Just because you add a tool to the Tool Bar does not mean the tool will
> work.
>

> Jeff I will not copy or cut any thing from the website and i was just discussing about the feature of the CUT. I am discussing for betterment of the site .

I ll be gratefull if you consider me as a good guy to be helpful to you in
future.
Jeff Strickland

message news:4D7B13F4-F609-4F54-9595-8CFD34C210CC@microsoft.com...

> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>
>> I don't want you to CUT anything from my website. I might not want you to
>> COPY anything, but for damn sure I don't want you to cut it.
>>
>> Just because you add a tool to the Tool Bar does not mean the tool will
>> work.
>>

>> Jeff I will not copy or cut any thing from the website and i was just
>> discussing about the feature of the CUT. I am discussing for betterment
>> of the site .

> I ll be gratefull if you consider me as a good guy to be helpful to you in
> future.

What do you want to cut? I don't remember ever cutting anything from a
webpage that's being displayed.

I (as a developer) would not want you to copy anything from my page(s)
because I have gone to great pains to gather my own research and present it
to you and everybody else. I could create code that would keep you from
printing my content if I wanted to. From the perspective of protecting my
work, I would not want you to cut, copy, or print my material. As a
practical matter, most developers don't go to the trouble, but they could if
they wanted to.

Robert Aldwinckle

message news:E72F03BE-CB63-4BF0-BB77-42935C5BE07E@microsoft.com...

> "Donald Anadell I really appreciate you for understand my problem i
> exactly
> mean by putting the cut feature from the tool bar.
>
> HERE is the main reason I have written what i have noticed.
>
> First you have the CUT feature i.e tool from the customize your ur toolbar
> visible on your toolbar .Then what you do is select some text or picture
> with your mouse.
> then click on the CUT icon on the tool bar .
>
> Actual Result : The word or the picture just disappears. If you have
> selected a hyperlink and the click on CUT it will vanish the hyperlink
> only
> after refreshing the page you will get the link back.
>
> IN IE 7 I have tried using the same CUT feature but its not working like
> the
> CUT feature like this in IE 8.
> moreover if i m right this behaves same as what we normally do that by
> selecting an word to cut we select it and right click and select the cut
> feature.
>
> but here when we select the word here in IE 8 of any website and right
> click
> , the cut feature is disabled.

> Then why the Button in the tool bar is working???
> IS it for different function ??

Perhaps it is operating at the HTML source level? Check with Developer
Tools Find tool...
Yeah, that's what's happening. Neat. So you could customize a page view
and at least do a screen capture of the "page" with your changes. E.g.
eliminate any advertising, copyright information, etc. Wow.

---