EI8 font size problem when opening links

Gore

EI8 font size problem when opening links
I have IE8 (Version: 8.0.6001.18702) installed. When I click on a link, in
any of the web page, the fonts on the page go bigger first and then it
switches to the next page. This glitch is annoying. Is there something wrong
with my system? How it can be fixed.
Thanks.
rob^_^

Re: EI8 font size problem when opening links
Hi Gore,

Try

Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Accessibility button, check "Ignore
font sizes specified on web pages"

Some web site developers incorrectly specify a font size for hyperlinks
(<a>) but forget to also do it for the :visited pseudo-class (nerd speak).
Another inconvenient truth... coders make mistakes.

Regards.

"Gore" <Gore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have IE8 (Version: 8.0.6001.18702) installed. When I click on a link, in
> any of the web page, the fonts on the page go bigger first and then it
> switches to the next page. This glitch is annoying. Is there something
> wrong
> with my system? How it can be fixed.
> Thanks.

rustyfender04

Re: EI8 font size problem when opening links
Don't mean to hijack here, but I never could fix a fuzzy font issue with IE7
(after 2 separate installs). I tried every option presented to me, but the
issue just would not fix itself.

Now, I am loathe to try IE8 for fear of running into the same issue, and I
am told I cannot resort back to IE6 without a re-install of XP Home (with
SP3). I presume IE8 uses the clear type font, too, by default?

I am using a CRT monitor.

Regards.

> Hi Gore,
>
> Try
>
> Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Accessibility button, check "Ignore
> font sizes specified on web pages"
>
> Some web site developers incorrectly specify a font size for hyperlinks
> (<a>) but forget to also do it for the :visited pseudo-class (nerd speak).
> Another inconvenient truth... coders make mistakes.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Gore" <Gore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have IE8 (Version: 8.0.6001.18702) installed. When I click on a link,
>> in
>> any of the web page, the fonts on the page go bigger first and then it
>> switches to the next page. This glitch is annoying. Is there something
>> wrong
>> with my system? How it can be fixed.
>> Thanks.

Dan

Re: EI8 font size problem when opening links
You can adjust the ClearType settings once IE7 or IE8 is installed by going
to the ClearType Tuner wizard here:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...ner/step1.aspx

Did you use this when you installed IE7?

Dan

"rustyfender04" <rustyfender04@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Don't mean to hijack here, but I never could fix a fuzzy font issue with
> IE7 (after 2 separate installs). I tried every option presented to me, but
> the issue just would not fix itself.
>
> Now, I am loathe to try IE8 for fear of running into the same issue, and I
> am told I cannot resort back to IE6 without a re-install of XP Home (with
> SP3). I presume IE8 uses the clear type font, too, by default?
>
> I am using a CRT monitor.
>
> Regards.
>
> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Gore,
>>
>> Try
>>
>> Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Accessibility button, check "Ignore
>> font sizes specified on web pages"
>>
>> Some web site developers incorrectly specify a font size for hyperlinks
>> (<a>) but forget to also do it for the :visited pseudo-class (nerd
>> speak). Another inconvenient truth... coders make mistakes.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Gore" <Gore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I have IE8 (Version: 8.0.6001.18702) installed. When I click on a link,
>>> in
>>> any of the web page, the fonts on the page go bigger first and then it
>>> switches to the next page. This glitch is annoying. Is there something
>>> wrong
>>> with my system? How it can be fixed.
>>> Thanks.

Dan

Re: EI8 font size problem when opening links
Oops, forgot to mention that this is to enable/disable tune the settings for
ClearType for Windows as a whole, not just IE. To disable ClearType
completely, use the Tuner to turn it off for Windows, and then go to IE
Tools > Internet Options, then the Advanced tab, and find the "Always use
ClearType for HTML" option and untick it.