what is search settings v1.2.3

Paul

what is search settings v1.2.3
How to get rid of a search setting installer?
I have used I/E 8 a few months until I have had a problem recently starting
since last week.
Recently whenever I start the I/E 8 to go to see any of my different
websites accounts requiring login and then password, a dialog box poped up
asking me to continue.
But Click yes it will immediately exit my I/E program until I have to start
over I/E again.
Click no it's nothing happened but still in the same webpage with that
dialog box shown.
I could not go to those website accounts with password until I have tried
again and again to open the I/E program 3 to 4 times.
What is this search settings that is shown as v1.2.3?
How could I de-activate it.
Thanks.

--
Paul

Re: what is search settings v1.2.3
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

WinXP or Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Win7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)? WinXP or Vista: Were any of these
applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

it)?

Paul wrote:
> How to get rid of a search setting installer?
> I have used I/E 8 a few months until I have had a problem recently
> starting
> since last week.
> Recently whenever I start the I/E 8 to go to see any of my different
> websites accounts requiring login and then password, a dialog box poped up
> asking me to continue.
> But Click yes it will immediately exit my I/E program until I have to
> start
> over I/E again.
> Click no it's nothing happened but still in the same webpage with that
> dialog box shown.
> I could not go to those website accounts with password until I have tried
> again and again to open the I/E program 3 to 4 times.
> What is this search settings that is shown as v1.2.3?
> How could I de-activate it.
> Thanks.

Paul

Re: what is search settings v1.2.3
Dear Sirs,
I AM USING WINDOWS XP (32 BIT) SP3 TRADITIONAL CHINESE VERSION IN AN ASUS
LAPTOP ET1602.
I BOUGHT ESET NOD32 ANTI-VIRUS 3.0.695.0 HAVING BEEN INSTALLED THERE VALID
TILL 2010-07-07.
I DON'T HAVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ANTI-SPYWARE APPLICATIONS OR FIREWALLS IF I
HAVE ONE OR NOT.

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).

IT IS OK WHEN I FOLLOW THE ABOVE STEPS. NO MORE PROBLEM WHEN I GO TO SEE
WEBSITES ALTHOUGH I AM REMINDED AT THE TOP SCREEN I HAVE NO ADD-ONS BUT I
IGNORE TO CLICK IT.
HOW TO DELETE ALL THE ADD-ONS FOREVER IF THIS BOTHERS ME?

> WinXP or Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
> Win7:
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS STEP YET. I WILL READ IT.

THANKS FOR FURTHER ADVICE IF ANY.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com>
???????:OzAqCPdzKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
> when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your
> next reply.
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7
> & IE8 in all OSS]

> WinXP or Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
> Win7:
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? WinXP or Vista: Were any
> of these applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Paul wrote:
>> How to get rid of a search setting installer?
>> I have used I/E 8 a few months until I have had a problem recently
>> starting
>> since last week.
>> Recently whenever I start the I/E 8 to go to see any of my different
>> websites accounts requiring login and then password, a dialog box poped
>> up
>> asking me to continue.
>> But Click yes it will immediately exit my I/E program until I have to
>> start
>> over I/E again.
>> Click no it's nothing happened but still in the same webpage with that
>> dialog box shown.
>> I could not go to those website accounts with password until I have tried
>> again and again to open the I/E program 3 to 4 times.
>> What is this search settings that is shown as v1.2.3?
>> How could I de-activate it.
>> Thanks.

khushal

Re: what is search settings v1.2.3
Hi

I did reset my explorer, but still i am facing the problem. its keep on
going to search.

pls help
regards
khushal

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
> when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
> reply.
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
> IE8 in all OSS]

> WinXP or Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
> Win7:
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> What third-party firewall (if any)? WinXP or Vista: Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Paul wrote:
> > How to get rid of a search setting installer?
> > I have used I/E 8 a few months until I have had a problem recently
> > starting
> > since last week.
> > Recently whenever I start the I/E 8 to go to see any of my different
> > websites accounts requiring login and then password, a dialog box poped up
> > asking me to continue.
> > But Click yes it will immediately exit my I/E program until I have to
> > start
> > over I/E again.
> > Click no it's nothing happened but still in the same webpage with that
> > dialog box shown.
> > I could not go to those website accounts with password until I have tried
> > again and again to open the I/E program 3 to 4 times.
> > What is this search settings that is shown as v1.2.3?
> > How could I de-activate it.
> > Thanks.

> .

Paul

Re: what is search settings v1.2.3
same to me.
dont make any change. keep searching now I ignore it although I could still
use I/E but it is annoying.
most probably, I shall need to reinstall the windows xp when having a time.

"khushal" <khushal@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:10248134-FC1A-4231-9D1C-CFBE4E73B748@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> I did reset my explorer, but still i am facing the problem. its keep on
> going to search.
>
> pls help
> regards
> khushal
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>> SP2;
>> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE
>> version
>> when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your
>> next
>> reply.
>>
>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer¡¦s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to
>> IE7 &
>> IE8 in all OSS]

>> WinXP or Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>> Win7:
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings
>>
>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>> Defender)?
>> What third-party firewall (if any)? WinXP or Vista: Were any of these
>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>>
>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought
>> it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Paul wrote:
>> > How to get rid of a search setting installer?
>> > I have used I/E 8 a few months until I have had a problem recently
>> > starting
>> > since last week.
>> > Recently whenever I start the I/E 8 to go to see any of my different
>> > websites accounts requiring login and then password, a dialog box poped
>> > up
>> > asking me to continue.
>> > But Click yes it will immediately exit my I/E program until I have to
>> > start
>> > over I/E again.
>> > Click no it's nothing happened but still in the same webpage with that
>> > dialog box shown.
>> > I could not go to those website accounts with password until I have
>> > tried
>> > again and again to open the I/E program 3 to 4 times.
>> > What is this search settings that is shown as v1.2.3?
>> > How could I de-activate it.
>> > Thanks.

>> .

Re: what is search settings v1.2.3
If you need further assistance, reply to my post and answer all of my
questions.

Paul wrote:
> same to me.
> dont make any change. keep searching now I ignore it although I could
> still
> use I/E but it is annoying.
> most probably, I shall need to reinstall the windows xp when having a
> time.
>

> "khushal" <khushal@discussions.microsoft.com>
> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:10248134-FC1A-4231-9D1C-CFBE4E73B748@microsoft.com...
>> Hi
>>
>> I did reset my explorer, but still i am facing the problem. its keep on
>> going to search.
>>
>> pls help
>> regards
>> khushal
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>>> SP2;
>>> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE
>>> version
>>> when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your
>>> next
>>> reply.
>>>
>>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?
>>>
>>> => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
>>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer¡¦s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to
>>> IE7 &
>>> IE8 in all OSS]
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>>>
>>> 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
>>> WinXP or Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>>> Win7:
>>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings
>>>
>>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
>>> your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)?
>>> What third-party firewall (if any)? WinXP or Vista: Were any of these
>>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>>>
>>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
>>> this
>>> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>>> bought
>>> it)?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

>>> .

Robert Aldwinckle

"Paul" <mcbml@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> same to me.
> dont make any change. keep searching now I ignore it although I could
> still use I/E but it is annoying.
> most probably, I shall need to reinstall the windows xp when having a
> time.

Well, think about what your symptoms imply. You don't get the message in
No Add-ons mode; you do get it not in No Add-ons mode, even after a RIES.
Sounds like some automated process is installing an extension sometime after
you do your RIES. BTW are you doing your RIES via the Control Panel's
Internet Options or trying to do it via IE's Tools, Options menu item? The
CP method is preferable and is I believe what the KB article recommends.

Where did you get your IE8? Perhaps it was customized (e.g. an IEAK
version) which causes this add-on (whatever it is) to be installed
automatically?

Also, since you know that No Add-ons mode suppresses your unknown add-on,
have you tried trying to find it and disable it manually? Since it is
evidently automatically installed you might not have much success at
removing it but you might at least be able to disable it without it becoming
enabled again.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> "khushal" <khushal@discussions.microsoft.com>
> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:10248134-FC1A-4231-9D1C-CFBE4E73B748@microsoft.com...
>> Hi
>>
>> I did reset my explorer, but still i am facing the problem. its keep on
>> going to search.
>>
>> pls help
>> regards
>> khushal
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>>> SP2;
>>> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE
>>> version
>>> when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your
>>> next
>>> reply.
>>>
>>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?
>>>
>>> => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
>>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer¡¦s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to
>>> IE7 &
>>> IE8 in all OSS]
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>>>
>>> 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
>>> WinXP or Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>>> Win7:
>>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings
>>>
>>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
>>> your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)?
>>> What third-party firewall (if any)? WinXP or Vista: Were any of these
>>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>>>
>>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
>>> this
>>> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>>> bought
>>> it)?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

>>> .

Paul

Re: what is search settings v1.2.3
Thanks all the help.
Dont have time to investigate this matter thoroughly before to disable
anything due to fortunately I have another laptop at home to read I/E that
is running well.
The keep searching add-on? still there in that problem pc but I skip and
ignore it when reading I/E.
Now I am in business trips overseas and will check again after a few weeks.
Thanks again.

"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com>
???????:ua%234to22KHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...