Re: The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window yes or

Re: The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window yes or
[Crosspost to IE General]

Can you give us the URL of a page where you encounter this behavior?

Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?

5. Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now? Extended Support for WinXP
(x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date, computers running WinXP
(x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical security updates,
Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update website will not be
accessible until SP3 is installed.

What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-support-mean

The webpage you are viewing is trying to wrote:
> The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window yes or no
> IE 7
> I have posted this before with no real way of resolving this page problem.
> is there a kb article from microsoft that has any information or a patch
> or
> hot fix
> for this web page script that pops up with a blank page.
> all i need i maybe an executable file i can run that when this pop up
> comes
> up it closes the window and need this to come from microsoft since this is
> microsoft IE 7 issue.
> windows xp sp2 with IE 7.
> There are some blogs on this but no real answers comming from microsoft to
> send out a fix to resolve these anoying popups.

Twayne

Re: The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window yes or
Can't locate it at this moment, but there is an Options
setting somewhere to control whether that message is shown or
not. I -think- it's in the same area where you enable/disable
allowing sites to use your clipboard.

To the OP: YOu should switch your reader to Plain Text instead
of HTML. When I first opened this post (I read only in Plain
Text as many do), there was nothing showing but the Bear's
response to you; nothing of your post showed until I switched
it to HTML mode.

HTH,

Twayne`

n news:%23d9uvqOzKHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,