How to open 3 new windows for 3 links on one bookmark?

Eric

How to open 3 new windows for 3 links on one bookmark?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a bookmark? so when I click
this bookmark, which will open 3 new windows for 3 different links.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
rob^_^

Re: How to open 3 new windows for 3 links on one bookmark?
Hi Eric,

Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites.

scriptlet: (untested, not recommended, results may depend on your Blockup
poper and security zone settings)

javascript:window.open(url1);window.open(url2);win dow.open(url3);void(0);

There is an Addon from enhanceie.com that allows you to save a tabs list to
the Desktop.

Regards.

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a bookmark? so when I
> click
> this bookmark, which will open 3 new windows for 3 different links.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

Re: How to open 3 new windows for 3 links on one bookmark?
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

Are you ever going to reply to any of your other recent threads?

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1b1cfb1279b2c5

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...3d8245bd70e86b

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...b077cda81a7050

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...9b3239e484c35e

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e56d13ea6909ba

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2133be50537cdd

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...9fb677d4df2efe
--
~PA Bear

Eric wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a bookmark? so when I
> click this bookmark, which will open 3 new windows for 3 different links.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: How to open 3 new windows for 3 links on one bookmark?

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a bookmark? so when I
> click
> this bookmark, which will open 3 new windows for 3 different links.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

Use a tab group. You may only be able to launch it as a group via the
Favorites bar. (E.g. press Ctrl-i select your tab group and press
Ctrl-Enter)

---

Eric

Re: How to open 3 new windows for 3 links on one bookmark?
Thank everyone very much for suggestion
When I do Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites, I need to enter an URL
address, do I paste following coding? but I tried it, and it does not work.
"javascript:window.open(www.cnn.com);window.open(w ww.cnn.com);window.open(www.cnn.com);void(0);"

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites.
>
> scriptlet: (untested, not recommended, results may depend on your Blockup
> poper and security zone settings)
>
> javascript:window.open(url1);window.open(url2);win dow.open(url3);void(0);
>

> There is an Addon from enhanceie.com that allows you to save a tabs list to
> the Desktop.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a bookmark? so when I
> > click
> > this bookmark, which will open 3 new windows for 3 different links.
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> > Eric

rob^_^

Re: How to open 3 new windows for 3 links on one bookmark?
Hi Eric,

You need to encase the string literals in single quotes.
url=javascript:window.open('www.cnn.com');window.o pen('www.cnn.com');window.open('www.cnn.com');void (0);

But don't worry I just tried it (and saving the .url file does not work...
it gets converted to a Program link... which is what stops it working). To
make it into a Bookmarklet you have to save a txt file as a .url file... Its
too complicated to explain here. (more of a nerds task than a boffin).

<quote>
> When I do Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites, I need to enter an URL
> address, do I paste following coding?

<quote>

No... Just enter a folder description of the Tab Group... eg. AAA - My Tab
Collection.

Once you save it, IE will create a new Favorites folder under your Favorites
Folder Root Called "AAA - My Tab Collection"

After, when you open the IE Favorites center you will see it at the top of
the list (because it starts with AAA... (tip))

When you mouse over it you will see an arrow appear indicating that you can
open all the links (Internet Shortcuts) from that folder with just the one
click.

> Thank everyone very much for suggestion
> When I do Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites, I need to enter an URL
> address, do I paste following coding? but I tried it, and it does not
> work.
> "javascript:window.open(www.cnn.com);window.open(w ww.cnn.com);window.open(www.cnn.com);void(0);"
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites.
>>
>> scriptlet: (untested, not recommended, results may depend on your Blockup
>> poper and security zone settings)
>>
>> javascript:window.open(url1);window.open(url2);win dow.open(url3);void(0);
>>

>> There is an Addon from enhanceie.com that allows you to save a tabs list
>> the Desktop.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a bookmark? so when I
>> > click
>> > this bookmark, which will open 3 new windows for 3 different links.
>> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
>> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>> > Eric

Eric

Re: How to open 3 new windows for 3 links on one bookmark?
I don't know how to create a tab group, but when I create a folder and add 3
bookmark links into this folder, then right click on this folder and select
open xxx index ..., then all 3 links are opened into 3 different tab.
Would it be what you describe below?
but I still need to perform 2 click - right click the mouse and select open
xxx index ..., it will be the best if there is any approach to open them for
just one click.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
Eric

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> You need to encase the string literals in single quotes.
> url=javascript:window.open('www.cnn.com');window.o pen('www.cnn.com');window.open('www.cnn.com');void (0);
>
> But don't worry I just tried it (and saving the .url file does not work...
> it gets converted to a Program link... which is what stops it working). To
> make it into a Bookmarklet you have to save a txt file as a .url file... Its
> too complicated to explain here. (more of a nerds task than a boffin).
>
> <quote>
> > When I do Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites, I need to enter an URL
> > address, do I paste following coding?

> <quote>
>
> No... Just enter a folder description of the Tab Group... eg. AAA - My Tab
> Collection.
>
> Once you save it, IE will create a new Favorites folder under your Favorites
> Folder Root Called "AAA - My Tab Collection"
>

> After, when you open the IE Favorites center you will see it at the top of
> the list (because it starts with AAA... (tip))
>
> When you mouse over it you will see an arrow appear indicating that you can
> open all the links (Internet Shortcuts) from that folder with just the one
> click.
>
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank everyone very much for suggestion
> > When I do Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites, I need to enter an URL
> > address, do I paste following coding? but I tried it, and it does not
> > work.
> > "javascript:window.open(www.cnn.com);window.open(w ww.cnn.com);window.open(www.cnn.com);void(0);"
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> > Eric
> >
> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Eric,
> >>
> >> Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites.
> >>
> >> scriptlet: (untested, not recommended, results may depend on your Blockup
> >> poper and security zone settings)
> >>
> >> javascript:window.open(url1);window.open(url2);win dow.open(url3);void(0);
> >>

> >> There is an Addon from enhanceie.com that allows you to save a tabs list
> >> the Desktop.
> >>
> >> Regards.

Eric

Re: How to open 3 new windows for 3 links on one bookmark?
Thank everyone very much for suggestions
When I select Ctrl-i, then the left column for favorities is opened, but how
to launch tab group? could you please give me more suggestions?
Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions
Eric

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a bookmark? so when I
> > click
> > this bookmark, which will open 3 new windows for 3 different links.
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> > Eric

> Use a tab group. You may only be able to launch it as a group via the
> Favorites bar. (E.g. press Ctrl-i select your tab group and press
> Ctrl-Enter)
>

> ---
>
> .

Leonard Grey

Re: How to open 3 new windows for 3 links on one bookmark?
Learn how to create a tab group. You can do it.

Hint #1: Look in the Help file.
Hint #2: Google is your friend.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Eric wrote:
> I don't know how to create a tab group, but when I create a folder and add 3
> bookmark links into this folder, then right click on this folder and select
> open xxx index ..., then all 3 links are opened into 3 different tab.
> Would it be what you describe below?
> but I still need to perform 2 click - right click the mouse and select open
> xxx index ..., it will be the best if there is any approach to open them for
> just one click.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
> Eric
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> You need to encase the string literals in single quotes.
>> url=javascript:window.open('www.cnn.com');window.o pen('www.cnn.com');window.open('www.cnn.com');void (0);
>>
>> But don't worry I just tried it (and saving the .url file does not work...
>> it gets converted to a Program link... which is what stops it working). To
>> make it into a Bookmarklet you have to save a txt file as a .url file... Its
>> too complicated to explain here. (more of a nerds task than a boffin).
>>
>> <quote>
>>> When I do Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites, I need to enter an URL
>>> address, do I paste following coding?

>> <quote>
>>
>> No... Just enter a folder description of the Tab Group... eg. AAA - My Tab
>> Collection.
>>
>> Once you save it, IE will create a new Favorites folder under your Favorites
>> Folder Root Called "AAA - My Tab Collection"
>>

>> After, when you open the IE Favorites center you will see it at the top of
>> the list (because it starts with AAA... (tip))
>>
>> When you mouse over it you will see an arrow appear indicating that you can
>> open all the links (Internet Shortcuts) from that folder with just the one
>> click.
>>
>> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thank everyone very much for suggestion
>>> When I do Favorites>Add current tabs to Favorites, I need to enter an URL
>>> address, do I paste following coding? but I tried it, and it does not
>>> work.
>>> "javascript:window.open(www.cnn.com);window.open(w ww.cnn.com);window.open(www.cnn.com);void(0);"
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>>> Eric

Dan

> I don't know how to create a tab group, but when I create a folder and add
> 3
> bookmark links into this folder, then right click on this folder and
> select
> open xxx index ..., then all 3 links are opened into 3 different tab.
> Would it be what you describe below?

The other way to do is to open all the tabs you want included, then click
the Favorites button (the yellow star), and where it says "Add to
Favorites..." at the top click the down arrow at the right side and choose
"Add Current Tabs to Favorites". Type in a name, this will become a folder
containing those tabs each as a separate favorite. This is a tab group - a
tab group is just a favorites folder containing favorites, simple as that.

> but I still need to perform 2 click - right click the mouse and select
> open
> xxx index ..., it will be the best if there is any approach to open them
> for
> just one click.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thank everyone very much for any suggestions

Hover your mouse over the group name - see the blue arrow at the right side
that appears? Click that. It's a single mouse click

Dan