IE8 printing problem

Steve

IE8 printing problem
Using IE8
Windows XP Pro version 5.1 SP3

When I print or preview the following report, not all the records are displayed.

http://tia.ms2soft.com/tcds/rpt_tcls.aspx?req=0003294

records 14, 19, 24, 29, 34, 39, etc. are skipped.

This is not a problem with IE7 or Firefox. Any ideas? Thank you.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...lorer.general/
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 printing problem

"Steve" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> Using IE8
> Windows XP Pro version 5.1 SP3
>
> When I print or preview the following report, not all the records are
> displayed.
>
> http://tia.ms2soft.com/tcds/rpt_tcls.aspx?req=0003294
>
> records 14, 19, 24, 29, 34, 39, etc. are skipped.
>
> This is not a problem with IE7 or Firefox. Any ideas? Thank you.

Get hotfix 980333 and try it on W7. ; )

BTW if you could disable that logo or allow it not to take up so much room
you might not have as much of a problem with the printing of those pages.
Otherwise Landscape, Legal Extra seems to work. Strangely although
unchecking Show Pictures disabled the icon from showing on the browser's
rendering of the page the Print Preview still showed it. YMMV.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Steve

Re: IE8 printing problem
Robert - thanks very much for the ideas.
I tried removing the banner and the logo, but it had no effect on the problem.
Changing the paper size and orientation didn't make a difference either.
I also downloaded 980333 with no effect.
I am still using XP Pro, not Windows 7, so I'll have to see if W7 does the trick.
Thank you.
Steve

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...inting-problem
Dan

Re: IE8 printing problem

"Steve" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> Using IE8
> Windows XP Pro version 5.1 SP3

I too am using IE8 with XP SP3.

> When I print or preview the following report, not all the records are
> displayed.
>
> http://tia.ms2soft.com/tcds/rpt_tcls.aspx?req=0003294
>
> records 14, 19, 24, 29, 34, 39, etc. are skipped.
>
> This is not a problem with IE7 or Firefox. Any ideas? Thank you.

I don't get this problem in IE8. This could be a printer driver issue, or a
3rd party add-on problem. Do you have the same problem running in No Add-on
mode?

Have you got any add-ons loaded that might interfere with printing (eg IE6
didn't have a fit to page option, there were a few add-ons that could do
this and if you've left them in place through upgrades to IE8 they could be
causing problems).

--
Dan

Steve

Re: IE8 printing problem
Hi Dan. I just tried running IE8 in No Add-on Mode and had the same problem.
I have included a list of my Add-ons at the end of this reply.
I tried all of my printers and had the same problem.
(My virtual PDF printer actually skipped more records than the other printers did.)
If it were a printer driver issue, would Firefox give me the same problem?

Bonjour PublisherNot verified) Apple Inc. Status:Enabled
Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper PublisherNot verified) Sun Microsystems, Inc. Status:Enabled
JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class PublisherNot verified) Sun Microsystems, Inc. Status:Enabled
Shockwave Flash Object Publisher: Adobe Systems Incorporated Status:Enabled
Adobe PDF Reader Publisher:Adobe Systems, Incorporated Status:Enabled
Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper Publisher:Adobe Systems, Incorporated Status:Enabled
QuickTime Object Publisher:Apple Inc. Status:Enabled
Google Update Plugin Publisher:Google Inc Status:Enabled
Google Toolbar Publisher:Google Inc Status:Enabled
Google Toolbar HelperPublisher Google Inc Status:Enabled
Google Toolbar Notifier BHO Publisher:Google Inc Status:Enabled
Google Side Bar Publisher:Google Inc Status:Enabled
XML DOM Document Publisher:Microsoft Corporation Status:Enabled
Windows Media Player Publisher:Microsoft Corporation Status:Enabled
Microsoft Silverlight Publisher:Microsoft Corporation Status:Enabled
XML DOM Document 3.0 Publisher:Microsoft Corporation Status:Enabled
Research Publisher:Microsoft Corporation Status:Enabled
Bonjour Publisher:Not Available Status:Enabled
Research Publisher:Not Available Status:Enabled
Fiddler2 Publisher:Not Available Status:Enabled
Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration Publisher:Not Available Status:Enabled
Diagnose Connection Problems... Publisher:Not Available Status:Enabled
Windows Messenger Publisher:Not Available Status:Enabled
Discuss Publisher:Not Available Status:Enabled
Spybot-SD IE Protection Publisher:Safer Networking Ltd. Status:Enabled
Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper Publisher:Sun Microsystems, Inc. Status:Enabled
Installation Support Publisher:Yahoo! Inc. Status:Enabled

---

> Hi Dan. I just tried running IE8 in No Add-on Mode and had the same
> problem.
> I have included a list of my Add-ons at the end of this reply.
> I tried all of my printers and had the same problem.
> (My virtual PDF printer actually skipped more records than the other
> printers did.)
> If it were a printer driver issue, would Firefox give me the same problem?

Given that changing to the virtual PDF printer caused a bigger problem, I'm
now convinced it's a printer driver issue or some incompatibility with
something you have that handles the printer drivers.

The printer rendering is likely application specific, so FF wouldn't have
the same problem. Given that IE7 doesn't either, this still points to a
possible printer driver issue.

On my PC here I have drivers for a Ricoh Aficio AP3200 PCL 5e, and a HP
Laserjet 1320 PCL 5e, neither of which seems to have problems with that
report.

I've also tried the Microsoft XPS Document Writer, and Bulldog PDF Printer,
and they had no problems either.

However, I did notice that in Landscape mode the rows you refered to end up
appearing on their own pages due to the force page breaks you have in the
report. It's possible that these breaks are what is causing the problem -
these are listed in the CSS as being used in printing only. I'd expect them
to show as they do on mine, with them appearing on a subsequent page (albeit
with the title for most of those report IDs on the end of the previous page,
as the pb_before class is being used right after the heading); are you sure
you haven't just missed that the reports are being printed, but on the page
after where the heading row is?

--
Dan

Steve

Re: IE8 printing problem
Robert,

Yes, I tried the XPS Document Writer and had the same problem.
I just installed Bulldog and also had the same problem.
When I use landscape, I do not see the missing rows on separate pages. I'm also sure that the missing rows are not appearing on subsequent pages and that I am just missing them. I will see whether removing the forced page breaks has any effect.

Thanks,

Steve

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...inting-problem
Steve

Re: IE8 printing problem
I tried removing the page breaks, but I still had records being skipped.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...inting-problem
undisclosed

Re: IE8 printing problem