allow multiple home pages while still locking home page

Joe

allow multiple home pages while still locking home page
Hello,

We would like to allow multiple home pages while still allowing users to add
additional home pages. When we apply "Disable changing home page" group
policy, the additional home page tabs disappear when the policy is applied.
We also tried disabling the "Disable Changing secondary home page settings",
yet users extra home pages still disappear on reboot as long as the "Disable
changing home page setting is enabled.

Anyone else having this problem?
Twayne

Re: allow multiple home pages while still locking home page
In news:B5912C5F-AC38-487E-8B8C-2BFEEA4E2613@microsoft.com,
Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hello,
>
> We would like to allow multiple home pages while still
> allowing users to add additional home pages. When we apply
> "Disable changing home page" group policy, the additional
> home page tabs disappear when the policy is applied. We
> also tried disabling the "Disable Changing secondary home
> page settings", yet users extra home pages still disappear
> on reboot as long as the "Disable changing home page
> setting is enabled.
>
> Anyone else having this problem?

Sounds like SOP from here? Just don't use those?

HTH,

Twayne`

VanguardLH

Joe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We would like to allow multiple home pages while still allowing users to add
> additional home pages. When we apply "Disable changing home page" group
> policy, the additional home page tabs disappear when the policy is applied.
> We also tried disabling the "Disable Changing secondary home page settings",
> yet users extra home pages still disappear on reboot as long as the "Disable
> changing home page setting is enabled.
>
> Anyone else having this problem?

If the user wants multiple pages loaded at once, and rather than have it
done everytime they load IE (because they may not want all those pages
loaded everytime), have them pick a home page or use about:blank or
about:tabs and then use a Favorites *group* to open the multiple pages (save
them using Favorites -> Add Current Tabs to Favorites) WHEN they want rather
than all the time. Tab groups make it quite handy to decide when you want
to load a whole bunch of them at once but you're not stuck with that choice
and having to wait for the tabs to load everytime you want to use IE.