All fields are required.

Marko Kraljevic

All fields are required.
http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=423

"Internet Explorer supports all sorts of add-ons and extensions. The most popular are Browser Helper Objects (BHOs), browser extensions, and toolbars. If you run Windows XP Service Pack 2, you can view a list of all installed add-ons by choosing Tools, Manage Add-ons. From this dialog box you can enable, disable, or update anything on the list."

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1...nageaddons.png
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/2536/02research.png
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3971/03disabled.png

^^ Or from the Control Panel, Internet Options... & disable the (in this example Office 2003) Research Explorer Bar (if you're lazy to uninstall ).

jturner5569 wrote:

I've been thinkin that it might be one of the files that was previously
13-Aug-07

I've been thinkin that it might be one of the files that was previously
installed with a trail version of office. If I knew what files were
installed then I can remove it manully. I had a problem with the
installation all so where outlook wouldn't start; the message requested a
oem file so I search and found the file that was installed with Office 2007
trail edition.

jlt

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message

On Saturday, August 11, 2007 11:15 PM
jturner5569 wrote:

IE7 tries to install research component
Hi
I am hoping someone can help me with this: I really never used the search in
IE7 be fore now that I got Office 2003. Anyway, if I choose the Search in
IE7 it starts the Windows Installer trying to install some needed component.
This happens with all the programs of the Office Suite. I am hopping that
someone can at least point me to a place that I can get information about
installing the component.

A novas I am

On Sunday, August 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM wrote:

Re: IE7 tries to install research component
"jturner5569" <jturner5569@frontiernet.net> wrote in message

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

On Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:42 PM
Rob ^_^ wrote:

Hi J,Do you mean Office 2003 or 2007?
Hi J,

Do you mean Office 2003 or 2007?

For 2007 if you choose not to install the Office Desktop Search and you have
registered your Office software, there are no futher prompts to install the
Desktop search.

Regards.
"jturner5569" <jturner5569@frontiernet.net> wrote in message

On Sunday, August 12, 2007 7:06 PM
jturner5569 wrote:

I'm speaking of Office 2003 each time I alt click or choose the Research
I'm speaking of Office 2003 each time I alt click or choose the Research
Command in either of the programs, including IE7, it opens the Windows
Installer and tries to install a component. It dosen't say what component it
is tring to install. help please!

jlt

"Rob ^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message

On Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:24 PM
Rob ^_^ wrote:

Hi J,Are you talking about the Command bar button that looks like two books
Hi J,

Are you talking about the Command bar button that looks like two books with
a spy glass next to them and is labeled "Research" - This is the Research
Explorer Bar that comes with Office 2003/2007. You can safely install this
to Internet Explorer. You may like to check Start>Settings>Control
Panel>Add/Remove Programs to see if there is a repair option or if it has
been properly installed. (you may have deleted the folder where it was
originally installed to)

Alt+Click is not a windows short-cut. To open links in a new tab use
Ctrl+click. Some other program is mapping that key shortcut (on my machine
it is Roboform,, a form filling addon)

Regards.
"jturner5569" <jturner5569@frontiernet.net> wrote in message

On Monday, August 13, 2007 7:47 AM
jturner5569 wrote:

I've been thinkin that it might be one of the files that was previously
I've been thinkin that it might be one of the files that was previously
installed with a trail version of office. If I knew what files were
installed then I can remove it manully. I had a problem with the
installation all so where outlook wouldn't start; the message requested a
oem file so I search and found the file that was installed with Office 2007
trail edition.

jlt

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message

Measuring SharePoint Page Rendering
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...oint-page.aspx
Leonard Grey

Re: All fields are required.
Replying to a post from 2007...Is this a record?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Marko Kraljevic wrote:
> [...]
>
> Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
> Web pages.
> Help with malware:
> All MS-MVP Sites.
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html
>
> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
> For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for
> malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
> owe it to the author. See also:
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971
> Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and see
> what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure

Tom Willett

Re: All fields are required.
And, changing of the subject. Ah, the Egghead deadheads.

: Replying to a post from 2007...Is this a record?
: ---
: Leonard Grey
: Errare humanum est
:
: Marko Kraljevic wrote:
: > http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=423
: >
[...]

: > jturner5569 wrote:
: >
[...]
: >
: > http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
: > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
: > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html
: > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
: >
: > Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.
: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
: >
: > So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
: > For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for
: > malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that
you
: > owe it to the author. See also:
: > http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971
: > Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and
see
: > what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not
sure
: > of.
: >

rob^_^

Re: All fields are required.
Hi Leonard,

Sadly Frank Saunders, (MS-MVP OE/WM) passed away after a long battle with
cancer in 2007.

(Looks like Marko is also a grave robber as well as an egghead?) Perhaps he
didn't know.