JavaScript

Bob Eyster

JavaScript
Hi all,

I have been getting a few JavaScript errors in IE8 running on Vista Ultimate
full version with SP2 and fully updated. Some of the errors happen while
trying to view video's and on menus that have drop-down selections. I have
re-installed Java version 6 build 18 with no results. Is there a JavaScript
program I missing? I have Firefox installed and runs just fine.

Any ideas???

Thanks
--
Bob Eyster
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 - 32 Bit

rob^_^

Re: JavaScript
Hi Bob,

Do you have InPrivate Filtering (aka Ad blocker) enabled or have another IE
Addon installed that blocks content (IEPro?)

You will see the InPrivate Filtering icon enabled on the IE Status bar
(display the status bar from the View>Toolbars menu) when it is on.

With ad/content blocking software you have to fine tune them to add white
list domains to allow certain content through.

InPrivate Filtering will automatically block content that is used on more
than 10 (or more... its a setting) sites you visit. You can turn off the
automatic collection of external content data from Internet Options -
Privacy tab, check "Do not collect data for use by InPrivate Filtering"

When you receive the scripting error again, double click on the Exclamation
icon in the Status bar to display the full details of the error. You can
then copy and paste the full contents of the error message back here.

This helps us to give you a better answer as there are many reasons why
scripting errors may be occurring on web pages. The most common reason is
that some web developers to not test their sites on the popular browser
platforms.

Regards.

"Bob Eyster" <reyster1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have been getting a few JavaScript errors in IE8 running on Vista
> Ultimate full version with SP2 and fully updated. Some of the errors
> happen while trying to view video's and on menus that have drop-down
> selections. I have re-installed Java version 6 build 18 with no results.
> Is there a JavaScript program I missing? I have Firefox installed and runs
> just fine.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks
> --
> Bob Eyster
> Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 - 32 Bit

C A Upsdell

Re: JavaScript
On 2010-03-24 9:27, Bob Eyster wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been getting a few JavaScript errors in IE8 running on Vista
> Ultimate full version with SP2 and fully updated. Some of the errors
> happen while trying to view video's and on menus that have drop-down
> selections. I have re-installed Java version 6 build 18 with no results.
> Is there a JavaScript program I missing? I have Firefox installed and
> runs just fine.

JavaScript is not Java. Similar names, that's all, so installing a new
version of Java will do nothing for JavaScript errors.

Bob Eyster

Re: JavaScript
Hey guys, thanks for the replies,

I did a RESET in IE8 and this solved the problem. Now I'm putting things
back one item at a time.

Again, thanks