Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

InPrivate Browsing and Flash cookies

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2010
Scott
 

Posts: n/a
InPrivate Browsing and Flash cookies
Does IE InPrivate Browsing erase Flash cookies after a session is closed?

Thanks
Scott
Los Angeles


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2010
Dan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: InPrivate Browsing and Flash cookies

"Scott" <Scott@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:OauXrxkyKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Does IE InPrivate Browsing erase Flash cookies after a session is closed?
>
> Thanks
> Scott
> Los Angeles
>


Searching on Google for

flash cookies inprivate

I found this as the second result:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/201...-browsing.aspx

it would have been the first result if you hadn't posted this topic on the
newsgroup (which is showing as the first result via technologyquestions.com
which replicates the newsgroup to a web front end).

The simple answer is "yes".

--
Dan

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2010
Dan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: InPrivate Browsing and Flash cookies

"Scott" <Scott@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:OauXrxkyKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Does IE InPrivate Browsing erase Flash cookies after a session is closed?
>
> Thanks
> Scott
> Los Angeles
>


Oops, forgot a caveat in my other reply. It's "yes" if you're using Flash
10.1 or higher, "no" if a lower version is used.

--
Dan


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2010
Scott
 

Posts: n/a
Re: InPrivate Browsing and Flash cookies
Thanks for your help and the alert that these postings appear on a web site.

Scott

"Dan" <news@worldofspack.com> wrote in message
news:B5B976C7-CBD8-4827-A024-FD8F190FEFD8@microsoft.com...
>
> "Scott" <Scott@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:OauXrxkyKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Does IE InPrivate Browsing erase Flash cookies after a session is closed?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Scott
>> Los Angeles
>>

>
> Searching on Google for
>
> flash cookies inprivate
>
> I found this as the second result:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/201...-browsing.aspx
>
> it would have been the first result if you hadn't posted this topic on the
> newsgroup (which is showing as the first result via
> technologyquestions.com which replicates the newsgroup to a web front
> end).
>
> The simple answer is "yes".
>
> --
> Dan



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2010
Twayne
 

Posts: n/a
Re: InPrivate Browsing and Flash cookies
In news:O5mjSGsyKHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Scott <Scott@nospam.com> typed:
> Thanks for your help and the alert that these postings
> appear on a web site.
> Scott
>
> "Dan" <news@worldofspack.com> wrote in message
> news:B5B976C7-CBD8-4827-A024-FD8F190FEFD8@microsoft.com...
>>
>> "Scott" <Scott@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:OauXrxkyKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Does IE InPrivate Browsing erase Flash cookies after a
>>> session is closed? Thanks
>>> Scott
>>> Los Angeles
>>>

>>
>> Searching on Google for
>>
>> flash cookies inprivate
>>
>> I found this as the second result:
>>
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/201...-browsing.aspx
>>
>> it would have been the first result if you hadn't posted
>> this topic on the newsgroup (which is showing as the first
>> result via technologyquestions.com which replicates the
>> newsgroup to a web front end).
>>
>> The simple answer is "yes".
>>
>> --
>> Dan


Nearly 100% of ALL usenet posts are permanently stored at
Google and many other sites. They're there so anyone can
search for them and find answers to their questions.

HTH,

Twayne`


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2010
Dan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: InPrivate Browsing and Flash cookies

"Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:#yN0hr1yKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> In news:O5mjSGsyKHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
> Scott <Scott@nospam.com> typed:
>> Thanks for your help and the alert that these postings
>> appear on a web site.
>> Scott
>>
>> "Dan" <news@worldofspack.com> wrote in message
>> news:B5B976C7-CBD8-4827-A024-FD8F190FEFD8@microsoft.com...
>>>
>>> "Scott" <Scott@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> news:OauXrxkyKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Does IE InPrivate Browsing erase Flash cookies after a
>>>> session is closed? Thanks
>>>> Scott
>>>> Los Angeles
>>>>
>>>
>>> Searching on Google for
>>>
>>> flash cookies inprivate
>>>
>>> I found this as the second result:
>>>
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/201...-browsing.aspx
>>>
>>> it would have been the first result if you hadn't posted
>>> this topic on the newsgroup (which is showing as the first
>>> result via technologyquestions.com which replicates the
>>> newsgroup to a web front end).
>>>
>>> The simple answer is "yes".
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dan

>
> Nearly 100% of ALL usenet posts are permanently stored at Google and many
> other sites. They're there so anyone can search for them and find answers
> to their questions.
>
> HTH,
>
> Twayne`


And? My point was that a search would have yielded up a very useful post as
the #1 result. Now it's no longer #1, it's #2, with #1 being a post asking
about the problem that #2 covers ...

Surely it's better to search and find a useful article, than it is to search
and find newsgroup posts that you have to trawl through to find the links to
the useful articles.

--
Dan

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2010
Scott
 

Posts: n/a
Re: InPrivate Browsing and Flash cookies
Hi,

I'd thought I would submit a wrap up post to summarize the answer and side
issues.

IE cannot erase the Flash player cookies, or presumbly, of any other plugin.
Adobe has, with v10.1, added a feature to the Flash player that will
recognize the private browsing mode (of IE and other browsers) and erase
anything stored during the private session.

The best Google search terms are "flash player cookies inprivate". When I
submitted this search, the second link was the Adobe post explaining all of
this.

There are many websites that copy these user groups posts with the sole
purpose of selling advertising. This greatly pollutes the search results and
is the reason I came to this user group in the first place.

I am also surprised that Google profiles me and other posters. In the Google
profile for Scott@nospam.com it lists 2300+ posts made by that email
address. I don't see any positive value to me or society in Google
storing/listing my posts in one page (of course those are not all my posts).

Google results can be deceptive as well as wrong. I happen to planning a
trip to Las Vegas and searched Google for "salt lick bbq las vegas". It
returned a result that this restaurant is in the Red Rock Casino. But that
placed closed a year and half ago. The link displayed a cached page of the
casino site and I did not see any notice that it was a cached page and
therefore wrong. I did not see a link reporting that this chain had left the
Las Vegas market.

Thanks
Scott
Los Angeles



"Dan" <news@worldofspack.com> wrote in message
news:OXZFWy1yKHA.6140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> news:#yN0hr1yKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> In news:O5mjSGsyKHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>> Scott <Scott@nospam.com> typed:
>>> Thanks for your help and the alert that these postings
>>> appear on a web site.
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> "Dan" <news@worldofspack.com> wrote in message
>>> news:B5B976C7-CBD8-4827-A024-FD8F190FEFD8@microsoft.com...
>>>>
>>>> "Scott" <Scott@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:OauXrxkyKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Does IE InPrivate Browsing erase Flash cookies after a
>>>>> session is closed? Thanks
>>>>> Scott
>>>>> Los Angeles
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Searching on Google for
>>>>
>>>> flash cookies inprivate
>>>>
>>>> I found this as the second result:
>>>>
>>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/201...-browsing.aspx
>>>>
>>>> it would have been the first result if you hadn't posted
>>>> this topic on the newsgroup (which is showing as the first
>>>> result via technologyquestions.com which replicates the
>>>> newsgroup to a web front end).
>>>>
>>>> The simple answer is "yes".
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Dan

>>
>> Nearly 100% of ALL usenet posts are permanently stored at Google and many
>> other sites. They're there so anyone can search for them and find answers
>> to their questions.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Twayne`

>
> And? My point was that a search would have yielded up a very useful post
> as the #1 result. Now it's no longer #1, it's #2, with #1 being a post
> asking about the problem that #2 covers ...
>
> Surely it's better to search and find a useful article, than it is to
> search and find newsgroup posts that you have to trawl through to find the
> links to the useful articles.
>
> --
> Dan



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smash Sneaky Flash Cookies With FlashCookiesView Steve Security News 0 03-08-2010 18:50
Are Flash Cookies Devouring Your Privacy? Steve Security News 0 10-26-2009 10:10
InPrivate Filtering and Browsing mpw microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 6 09-14-2009 03:57
IE8 InPrivate browsing / filtering Charles W microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 07-17-2009 07:07
IE8 Beta 2 Released: InPrivate Browsing, (Thu, Aug 28th) Steve Security News 0 08-28-2008 22:50




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:01.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120