Adobe Flash Player Installer

Earl Partridge

Adobe Flash Player Installer

Windows 7 64 Bit, IE 8 64 Bit
Some pages when opened pop up a bar at the top wanting to Install
Adobe Flash Player Installer. I have clicked to allow this to be installed,
but it apparently does not install. I suspect this to be because it is not
a 64 bit application. How can I either install it or stop this pop up bar?
Earl

VanguardLH

Re: Adobe Flash Player Installer
Earl Partridge wrote:

> Windows 7 64 Bit, IE 8 64 Bit
> Some pages when opened pop up a bar at the top wanting to Install
> Adobe Flash Player Installer. I have clicked to allow this to be installed,
> but it apparently does not install. I suspect this to be because it is not
> a 64 bit application. How can I either install it or stop this pop up bar?
> Earl

See replies to your same post submit 5 minutes later.
Earl Partridge

Re: Adobe Flash Player Installer
Sorry about the dupe posting... I got an indication that my first effort
did not go thru.
Earl

> Earl Partridge wrote:
>
>> Windows 7 64 Bit, IE 8 64 Bit
>> Some pages when opened pop up a bar at the top wanting to Install
>> Adobe Flash Player Installer. I have clicked to allow this to be
>> installed,
>> but it apparently does not install. I suspect this to be because it is
>> not
>> a 64 bit application. How can I either install it or stop this pop up
>> bar?
>> Earl

> See replies to your same post submit 5 minutes later.

Re: Adobe Flash Player Installer
As suggested earlier, see this discussion:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981

Earl Partridge wrote:
> Windows 7 64 Bit, IE 8 64 Bit
> Some pages when opened pop up a bar at the top wanting to Install
> Adobe Flash Player Installer. I have clicked to allow this to be
> installed,
> but it apparently does not install. I suspect this to be because it is
> not
> a 64 bit application. How can I either install it or stop this pop up
> bar?
> Earl

Earl Partridge

Re: Adobe Flash Player Installer
Right, I'm fine, can use IE8 in either 64 or 32 bit. Was just wondering if
I was missing something that would work with the 64 bit.
Earl

> As suggested earlier, see this discussion:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981
>
> Earl Partridge wrote:
>> Windows 7 64 Bit, IE 8 64 Bit
>> Some pages when opened pop up a bar at the top wanting to Install
>> Adobe Flash Player Installer. I have clicked to allow this to be
>> installed,
>> but it apparently does not install. I suspect this to be because it is
>> not
>> a 64 bit application. How can I either install it or stop this pop up
>> bar?
>> Earl

Re: Adobe Flash Player Installer
What part of "There isn't a 64-bit version of Flash Player" don't you
understand, Earl?

If you're having problems with Flash in IE8 32-bit...

Troubleshoot Flash Player installation for Windows
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

Troubleshooting Player stability and performance
http://blogs.adobe.com/jd/2010/02/tr...r_stabili.html

Flash Player Support Forum
http://forums.adobe.com/community/we...s/flash_player

Earl Partridge wrote:
> Right, I'm fine, can use IE8 in either 64 or 32 bit. Was just wondering
> if
> I was missing something that would work with the 64 bit.
>
>> As suggested earlier, see this discussion:
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981
>>
>> Earl Partridge wrote:
>>> Windows 7 64 Bit, IE 8 64 Bit
>>> Some pages when opened pop up a bar at the top wanting to Install
>>> Adobe Flash Player Installer. I have clicked to allow this to be
>>> installed,
>>> but it apparently does not install. I suspect this to be because it is
>>> not
>>> a 64 bit application. How can I either install it or stop this pop up
>>> bar?
>>> Earl

Earl Partridge

Re: Adobe Flash Player Installer
I thought my last response clearly acknowledged that I understood there
was no 64-bit Flash Player, indicating that I also knew, from your earlier
posting, how to access and use my 32-bit IE8. Perhaps my attempt at
brevity needs to be re-examined.
Earl

> What part of "There isn't a 64-bit version of Flash Player" don't you
> understand, Earl?
>
> If you're having problems with Flash in IE8 32-bit...
>
> Troubleshoot Flash Player installation for Windows
> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html
>
> Troubleshooting Player stability and performance
> http://blogs.adobe.com/jd/2010/02/tr...r_stabili.html
>
> Flash Player Support Forum
> http://forums.adobe.com/community/we...s/flash_player
>

> Earl Partridge wrote:
>> Right, I'm fine, can use IE8 in either 64 or 32 bit. Was just wondering
>> if
>> I was missing something that would work with the 64 bit.
>>
>>> As suggested earlier, see this discussion:
>>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981

Tom

Re: Adobe Flash Player Installer
I somehow lost the blue "E" in my task bar to open IE 8. I finally found the
program and put a shortcut on my desktop, but it must be opening the 64 bit
version, as I can't view any videos when I could before. Flash Player keeps
bugging me, even though I have the program already. How do I access the 32
bit version so Flash Player will work again?

"Earl Partridge" wrote:

> I thought my last response clearly acknowledged that I understood there
> was no 64-bit Flash Player, indicating that I also knew, from your earlier
> posting, how to access and use my 32-bit IE8. Perhaps my attempt at
> brevity needs to be re-examined.
> Earl

> > What part of "There isn't a 64-bit version of Flash Player" don't you
> > understand, Earl?
> >
> > If you're having problems with Flash in IE8 32-bit...
> >
> > Troubleshoot Flash Player installation for Windows
> > http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html
> >
> > Troubleshooting Player stability and performance
> > http://blogs.adobe.com/jd/2010/02/tr...r_stabili.html
> >
> > Flash Player Support Forum
> > http://forums.adobe.com/community/we...s/flash_player
> >

> > Earl Partridge wrote:
> >> Right, I'm fine, can use IE8 in either 64 or 32 bit. Was just wondering
> >> if
> >> I was missing something that would work with the 64 bit.

> .

Re: Adobe Flash Player Installer
@Tom: Have you seen
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981