IE - mobile site

Kim K

IE - mobile site
IE must think my computer is a mobile device. It started with
Olivegarden.com sending me to a mobile site, now its walmart, and a few
others. No way around it, dropped all cache, history and cookies etc.
Nothing helps. This is not a tablet PC, it is a full blown desktop system.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Don Varnau

Re: IE - mobile site
Hi,
Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to see what in the User-Agent string
is identifying the computer as a mobile device.

Information on editing the UA string at
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp (near the bottom- look for
"Overlong headers...)
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Kim K" <KimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IE must think my computer is a mobile device. It started with
> Olivegarden.com sending me to a mobile site, now its walmart, and a few
> others. No way around it, dropped all cache, history and cookies etc.
> Nothing helps. This is not a tablet PC, it is a full blown desktop

system.

> Ideas?
>
> Thanks!

Bob

Re: IE - mobile site
Sounds like a classic case of malware.

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
Consider this: Whenever a new error condition appears on your computer, it
is almost certain that there was some change to the computer soon before the
problem began.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
what else is
being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure of.
"Kim K" <KimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IE must think my computer is a mobile device. It started with
> Olivegarden.com sending me to a mobile site, now its walmart, and a few
> others. No way around it, dropped all cache, history and cookies etc.
> Nothing helps. This is not a tablet PC, it is a full blown desktop
> system.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks!

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE - mobile site

> Hi,
> Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to see what in the User-Agent
> string
> is identifying the computer as a mobile device.
>
> Information on editing the UA string at
> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp (near the bottom- look for
> "Overlong headers...)

Or another clueless user of Creative's autouPDAter software? <eg>

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...orer.gen eral

FYI

Robert
---

> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "Kim K" <KimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> IE must think my computer is a mobile device. It started with
>> Olivegarden.com sending me to a mobile site, now its walmart, and a few
>> others. No way around it, dropped all cache, history and cookies etc.
>> Nothing helps. This is not a tablet PC, it is a full blown desktop

> system.
>>
>> Ideas?
>>
>> Thanks!

Don Varnau

Re: IE - mobile site
[Inline]

Thanks. I didn't know that a specific culprit had been identified so
recently.

Don

> > Hi,
> > Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to see what in the User-Agent
> > string
> > is identifying the computer as a mobile device.
> >
> > Information on editing the UA string at
> > http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp (near the bottom- look for
> > "Overlong headers...)

> Or another clueless user of Creative's autouPDAter software? <eg>

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...orer.gen eral

> FYI
>
> Robert

> > -
> > Hope this helps,
> > Don
> > [MS MVP- IE]
> >

> > "Kim K" <KimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> IE must think my computer is a mobile device. It started with
> >> Olivegarden.com sending me to a mobile site, now its walmart, and a few
> >> others. No way around it, dropped all cache, history and cookies etc.
> >> Nothing helps. This is not a tablet PC, it is a full blown desktop

> > system.
> >>
> >> Ideas?
> >>
> >> Thanks!

Kim K

Re: IE - mobile site
no and all relevent processes not necessary on start up have been disabled.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> > Hi,
> > Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to see what in the User-Agent
> > string
> > is identifying the computer as a mobile device.
> >
> > Information on editing the UA string at
> > http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp (near the bottom- look for
> > "Overlong headers...)

> Or another clueless user of Creative's autouPDAter software? <eg>
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...orer.gen eral
>

> FYI
>
> Robert
> ---
>

> > -
> > Hope this helps,
> > Don
> > [MS MVP- IE]
> >

> > "Kim K" <KimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> IE must think my computer is a mobile device. It started with
> >> Olivegarden.com sending me to a mobile site, now its walmart, and a few
> >> others. No way around it, dropped all cache, history and cookies etc.
> >> Nothing helps. This is not a tablet PC, it is a full blown desktop

> > system.
> >>
> >> Ideas?
> >>
> >> Thanks!

> .

Donald Anadell

Re: IE - mobile site

> no

"No" to what?

Go to:
http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx

Copy and paste the "User-Agent String" presented to your at that site into
your next reply to this Newsgroup, so that it can be eliminated as the
source of problem you are experiencing.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> and all relevent processes not necessary on start up have been disabled.
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>

>> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to see what in the User-Agent
>> > string
>> > is identifying the computer as a mobile device.
>> >
>> > Information on editing the UA string at
>> > http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp (near the bottom- look for
>> > "Overlong headers...)

>> Or another clueless user of Creative's autouPDAter software? <eg>
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...orer.gen eral
>>

>> FYI
>>
>> Robert
>> ---
>>

>> > -
>> > Hope this helps,
>> > Don
>> > [MS MVP- IE]
>> >

>> > "Kim K" <KimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > system.

>> .

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE - mobile site

"Kim K" <KimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> no and all relevent processes not necessary on start up have been
> disabled.

Disabling it doesn't change the UAS.

> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>

>> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to see what in the User-Agent
>> > string
>> > is identifying the computer as a mobile device.
>> >
>> > Information on editing the UA string at
>> > http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp (near the bottom- look for
>> > "Overlong headers...)

>> Or another clueless user of Creative's autouPDAter software? <eg>
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...orer.gen eral
>>

>> FYI
>>
>> Robert
>> ---
>>

>> > -
>> > Hope this helps,
>> > Don
>> > [MS MVP- IE]
>> >

>> > "Kim K" <KimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > system.

>> .

Re: IE - mobile site
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

Open IE to this page: http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx. Highlight/select
all of the red text at the top of the page and copy it to your keyboard.
(Also scroll down to see if an issue has been detected and a possible
resolution offered.) Open a reply to this post & paste the contents of your
clipboard into your reply.