IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo

pawntonian

IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to
find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is
included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG. Tried
Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating system.
Stubbo of Oz

Re: IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:50:01 -0700, pawntonian
<pawntonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to
>find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is
>included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG. Tried
>Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating system.

How did you delete it? I cannot see an entry for it in my Windows 7
"Program Features - uninstall programs". However, there is an entry in
"Turn windows features on or off". Did you turn it off there? If so
you should be able to turn it on again.

If not, can't you get it off your setup/recovery disk?

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
Jeff Strickland

"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:50:01 -0700, pawntonian
> <pawntonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying
>>find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is
>>included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG.
>>Tried
>>Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating
>>system.

> How did you delete it? I cannot see an entry for it in my Windows 7
> "Program Features - uninstall programs". However, there is an entry in
> "Turn windows features on or off". Did you turn it off there? If so
> you should be able to turn it on again.
>
> If not, can't you get it off your setup/recovery disk?
>
> --

He didn't Uninstall it, he deleted it. He navigated with the Windows
Explorer to the folder and _deleted_ it.

He's gonna need the Win7 Installation disc to fix this one if he can't find
IE8 to download.

Stubbo of Oz

Re: IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 22:28:49 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
<crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>news:6grdq5h4v5ef1ach1v9jtsfio103m6luks@4ax.com.. .
>> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:50:01 -0700, pawntonian
>> <pawntonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying
>>>find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is
>>>included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG.
>>>Tried
>>>Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating
>>>system.

>> How did you delete it? I cannot see an entry for it in my Windows 7
>> "Program Features - uninstall programs". However, there is an entry in
>> "Turn windows features on or off". Did you turn it off there? If so
>> you should be able to turn it on again.
>>
>> If not, can't you get it off your setup/recovery disk?
>>
>> --

>He didn't Uninstall it, he deleted it. He navigated with the Windows
>Explorer to the folder and _deleted_ it.

I know he said _deleted_ but (and this does not necessarily apply to
the OP) some people out there are too computer illiterate to know the
difference between delete, uninstall and turn off a windows feature
which is why I asked how he deleted it. Nowhere in his message does he
say that he went to the folder and deleted the folder and all its
contents, although this is likely.

>He's gonna need the Win7 Installation disc to fix this one if he can't find
>IE8 to download.

Just as I suggested in my original post.

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
Jeff Strickland

>>He didn't Uninstall it, he deleted it. He navigated with the Windows
>>Explorer to the folder and _deleted_ it.

> I know he said _deleted_ but (and this does not necessarily apply to
> the OP) some people out there are too computer illiterate to know the
> difference between delete, uninstall and turn off a windows feature
> which is why I asked how he deleted it. Nowhere in his message does he
> say that he went to the folder and deleted the folder and all its
> contents, although this is likely.

You are correct in all that you say, but since there is no Uninstall, the
only thing left is to delete the file(s), or worse, the folder.

Stubbo of Oz

Re: IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:03:05 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
<crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>news:f09eq510ipljiau5sgj6risatf4jkd5201@4ax.com.. .
>>>
>>>He didn't Uninstall it, he deleted it. He navigated with the Windows
>>>Explorer to the folder and _deleted_ it.

>> I know he said _deleted_ but (and this does not necessarily apply to
>> the OP) some people out there are too computer illiterate to know the
>> difference between delete, uninstall and turn off a windows feature
>> which is why I asked how he deleted it. Nowhere in his message does he
>> say that he went to the folder and deleted the folder and all its
>> contents, although this is likely.
>>

>You are correct in all that you say, but since there is no Uninstall, the
>only thing left is to delete the file(s), or worse, the folder.

Or the OP might have gone to "Add/Remove windows components" and
unchecked Internet Explorer there and thought that deleted it. We
don't know if he/she has actually been to the Internet Explorer folder
to see if it is still there or if he/she really did delete the whole
folder.

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz

Stubbo of Oz wrote:

>>> I know he said _deleted_ but (and this does not necessarily apply to
>>> the OP) some people out there are too computer illiterate to know the
>>> difference between delete, uninstall and turn off a windows feature
>>> which is why I asked how he deleted it. Nowhere in his message does he
>>> say that he went to the folder and deleted the folder and all its
>>> contents, although this is likely.

>> You are correct in all that you say, but since there is no Uninstall, the
>> only thing left is to delete the file(s), or worse, the folder.

> Or the OP might have gone to "Add/Remove windows components" and
> unchecked Internet Explorer there and thought that deleted it.

In Win7, it'd be...

Turn Windows features on or off:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ures-on-or-off

Stubbo of Oz

Re: IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:23:09 -0400, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You are correct in all that you say, but since there is no Uninstall, the
>>> only thing left is to delete the file(s), or worse, the folder.

>> Or the OP might have gone to "Add/Remove windows components" and
>> unchecked Internet Explorer there and thought that deleted it.

>In Win7, it'd be...
>
>Turn Windows features on or off:
>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ures-on-or-off

Yes, of course - sorry - I'm away from home and away from my Win 7
computer and only have an XP laptop with me:-(

--
Stubbo of Oz