Image Red X

Earl Partridge

Image Red X
Windows 7 64Bit, Expression Web 3, IE8
I'm not real sure this is an IE situation, Expression Web or Win7...
I have some web pages created with Expression Web where I use
ASP, passing values along. It has worked properly until now.
I create the image name based on data retrieved from the database,
such as 846324-250.jpg.

When the page containing the picture is displayed now, there is only
that Red X. Right clicking the Red X, the properties reflect the correct
URL, address and jpg name. I have manually entered that url & jpg name
in IE and the image is displayed. If my problem is an IE configuration,
perhaps your
display will show correctly, if you'd care to check it.
www.gmarc.com/forsale
click the Go under All Categories, then click the single item under
Engines - Nitro.
Earl

G. R. Woodring

Re: Image Red X

Date: 3/21/2010 7:49 PM, Author: Earl Partridge Wrote:
> Windows 7 64Bit, Expression Web 3, IE8
> I'm not real sure this is an IE situation, Expression Web or Win7...
> I have some web pages created with Expression Web where I use
> ASP, passing values along. It has worked properly until now.
> I create the image name based on data retrieved from the database,
> such as 846324-250.jpg.
>
> When the page containing the picture is displayed now, there is only
> that Red X. Right clicking the Red X, the properties reflect the correct
> URL, address and jpg name. I have manually entered that url & jpg name
> in IE and the image is displayed. If my problem is an IE configuration,
> perhaps your
> display will show correctly, if you'd care to check it.
> www.gmarc.com/forsale
> click the Go under All Categories, then click the single item under
> Engines - Nitro.
> Earl

OK, I found an ad with the problem you describe:
<http://www.gmarc.com/forsale/Pictures/846324-521.jpg>
Using Firefox 3.5, I clicked on the broken image icon and selected "Show image". I
got a 404 (page not found) error. Check your server. Some server software (usually
Unix or Linux) may be case dependent. "Pictures" would not work if the directory
were named "pictures". I don't think that any IE settings would help, the images
aren't getting to the user's computer much less to IE.

--
G. R. Woodring

Re: Image Red X
cf.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

Developer-specific resources include:

MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...opment/threads

Tip: When posting in Developer forums, always include a link to your web
site or test pages in your first post.

IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx

HTML and DHTML Overviews and Tutorials
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone visual
debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-dccff3fae677

Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/...easeNotes.aspx

Validators:
http://validator.w3.org/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/