Tried everything but still at random black bars in IE8

TheCroW

Tried everything but still at random black bars in IE8
Windows XP Home SP3 (Dutch)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (ver. 9.0.0.736 (a.b) )
No 3th party or other themes, just stand Windows XP stuff

Tried everything I could find (including here in the NG) but at random IE 8
still has the black bar ... all the menu's not vissible seeing through white
devider bars (can see my background through it). When searching on Google
and Yahoo and in newsgroups, SO many people are hit by this bug that has
been around for some time now.
Isn't there anything to get rit of this bug that they won't fix?

Menno

Re: Tried everything but still at random black bars in IE8
Start here: http://iecustomizer.com/Resources/Ar...kToolbars.aspx

TheCroW wrote:
> Windows XP Home SP3 (Dutch)
> Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
> Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (ver. 9.0.0.736 (a.b) )
> No 3th party or other themes, just stand Windows XP stuff
>
> Tried everything I could find (including here in the NG) but at random IE
> 8
> still has the black bar ... all the menu's not vissible seeing through
> white
> devider bars (can see my background through it). When searching on Google
> and Yahoo and in newsgroups, SO many people are hit by this bug that has
> been around for some time now.
> Isn't there anything to get rit of this bug that they won't fix?
>
> Menno

TheCroW

Re: Tried everything but still at random black bars in IE8
Been there (and many other plces incl here in the NG) and no solution ...
yes, it helps once: changing the theme to Windows XP, apply it, restart and
then setting it back to Windows Classic (yes, I too have the classic Windows
look in XP instead of the stupid rounded candy standard XP look) ... and
then 2 days later the black bars in IE are back *without* me changing a
thing with the theme in the mean time ... but the Windows Classic theme is a
default XP theme so there should be no problem ... ergo: it's just a big IE
bug, right?

> Start here: http://iecustomizer.com/Resources/Ar...kToolbars.aspx
>
> TheCroW wrote:
>> Windows XP Home SP3 (Dutch)
>> Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
>> Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (ver. 9.0.0.736 (a.b) )
>> No 3th party or other themes, just stand Windows XP stuff
>>
>> Tried everything I could find (including here in the NG) but at random IE
>> 8
>> still has the black bar ... all the menu's not vissible seeing through
>> white
>> devider bars (can see my background through it). When searching on Google
>> and Yahoo and in newsgroups, SO many people are hit by this bug that has
>> been around for some time now.
>> Isn't there anything to get rit of this bug that they won't fix?
>>
>> Menno

Re: Tried everything but still at random black bars in IE8
Start | Run | SERVICES.MSC | OK

Double-click on THEMES & set Startup Type to Manual | OK your way out,
reboot & test.

TheCroW wrote:
> Been there (and many other plces incl here in the NG) and no solution ...
> yes, it helps once: changing the theme to Windows XP, apply it, restart
> and
> then setting it back to Windows Classic (yes, I too have the classic
> Windows
> look in XP instead of the stupid rounded candy standard XP look) ... and
> then 2 days later the black bars in IE are back *without* me changing a
> thing with the theme in the mean time ... but the Windows Classic theme is
> default XP theme so there should be no problem ... ergo: it's just a big
> IE
> bug, right?
>
>> Start here: http://iecustomizer.com/Resources/Ar...kToolbars.aspx
>> TheCroW wrote:
>>> Windows XP Home SP3 (Dutch)
>>> Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
>>> Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (ver. 9.0.0.736 (a.b) )
>>> No 3th party or other themes, just stand Windows XP stuff
>>>
>>> Tried everything I could find (including here in the NG) but at random
>>> IE
>>> 8
>>> still has the black bar ... all the menu's not vissible seeing through
>>> white
>>> devider bars (can see my background through it). When searching on
>>> Google
>>> and Yahoo and in newsgroups, SO many people are hit by this bug that has
>>> been around for some time now.
>>> Isn't there anything to get rit of this bug that they won't fix?
>>>
>>> Menno

TheCroW

Re: Tried everything but still at random black bars in IE8
Ok, this tweak seems to do the trick ... thanx :-)
Hope it will still work next week

Menno