IE8 Blank Tab

cdavis82

IE8 Blank Tab
Often when clicking a link that opens a new tab, the new tab will either say
Blank Page or Connecting without actually connecting to the site. This will
happen on 4 to 5 new tabs before finally getting one that will work.

This problem happens to me several times a day. Closing IE will fix it
temporarily, but resetting the computer is the only thing that will fix it
longer term. Even resetting only lasts a couple of hours of use.

I'm using a fully updated Win7 machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Casey
Don Varnau

Re: IE8 Blank Tab
Hi,
See if a browser add-on is causing the problem

IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"cdavis82" <cdavis82@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]

IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"cdavis82" <cdavis82@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Often when clicking a link that opens a new tab, the new tab will either

say
> Blank Page or Connecting without actually connecting to the site. This

will
> happen on 4 to 5 new tabs before finally getting one that will work.
>
> This problem happens to me several times a day. Closing IE will fix it
> temporarily, but resetting the computer is the only thing that will fix it
> longer term. Even resetting only lasts a couple of hours of use.
>
> I'm using a fully updated Win7 machine. Any help would be appreciated.

rob^_^

Re: IE8 Blank Tab
Hi,

AOL toolbar installed?

Uninstall it to stop it hijacking your about:tabs page.

Regards.