Reset Internet Explorer Settings

Pierre Chemins

Reset Internet Explorer Settings
Windows XP using IE 8

While in the midst of having internet access problems, under internet
options > advanced, I clicked on Reset Internet Explorer settings.

My first question relates to all of the updates I have installed previously
using Windows Update. Were those prior installed updates affected at all by
what I did? I went to Windows Update, and it didn't identify any updates to
be installed.

Second, what exactly does the Reset settings feature do; I'm guessing it
just restores everything to the default options as when it was originally
installed?

Now that I'm back to normal in accessing the internet, is there anything I
need to be sure to do, having used the Reset settings feature?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
A1. No.

A2. See the More Information section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Pierre Chemins wrote:
> Windows XP using IE 8
>
> While in the midst of having internet access problems, under internet
> options > advanced, I clicked on Reset Internet Explorer settings.
>
> My first question relates to all of the updates I have installed
> previously
> using Windows Update. Were those prior installed updates affected at all
> by
> what I did? I went to Windows Update, and it didn't identify any updates
> be installed.
>
> Second, what exactly does the Reset settings feature do; I'm guessing it
> just restores everything to the default options as when it was originally
> installed?
>
> Now that I'm back to normal in accessing the internet, is there anything I
> need to be sure to do, having used the Reset settings feature?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Pierre Chemins

Re: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
PA Bear,

You have helped me in the past, and I see your name frequently in the
newsgroups. Thank you for doing what you do.

Pierre

> A1. No.
>
> A2. See the More Information section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>

> Pierre Chemins wrote:
>> Windows XP using IE 8
>>
>> While in the midst of having internet access problems, under internet
>> options > advanced, I clicked on Reset Internet Explorer settings.
>>
>> My first question relates to all of the updates I have installed
>> previously
>> using Windows Update. Were those prior installed updates affected at all
>> by
>> what I did? I went to Windows Update, and it didn't identify any updates
>> be installed.
>>
>> Second, what exactly does the Reset settings feature do; I'm guessing it
>> just restores everything to the default options as when it was originally
>> installed?
>>
>> Now that I'm back to normal in accessing the internet, is there anything
>> need to be sure to do, having used the Reset settings feature?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Pierre Chemins

Re: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
PA Bear,

You have helped me in the past, and I see your name frequently in the
newsgroups. Thank you for doing what you do.

Pierre

> A1. No.
>
> A2. See the More Information section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>

> Pierre Chemins wrote:
>> Windows XP using IE 8
>>
>> While in the midst of having internet access problems, under internet
>> options > advanced, I clicked on Reset Internet Explorer settings.
>>
>> My first question relates to all of the updates I have installed
>> previously
>> using Windows Update. Were those prior installed updates affected at all
>> by
>> what I did? I went to Windows Update, and it didn't identify any updates
>> be installed.
>>
>> Second, what exactly does the Reset settings feature do; I'm guessing it
>> just restores everything to the default options as when it was originally
>> installed?
>>
>> Now that I'm back to normal in accessing the internet, is there anything
>> need to be sure to do, having used the Reset settings feature?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Pierre Chemins

Re: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
PA Bear,

You have helped me in the past, and I see your name frequently in the
newsgroups. Thank you for doing what you do.

Pierre

> A1. No.
>
> A2. See the More Information section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>

> Pierre Chemins wrote:
>> Windows XP using IE 8
>>
>> While in the midst of having internet access problems, under internet
>> options > advanced, I clicked on Reset Internet Explorer settings.
>>
>> My first question relates to all of the updates I have installed
>> previously
>> using Windows Update. Were those prior installed updates affected at all
>> by
>> what I did? I went to Windows Update, and it didn't identify any updates
>> be installed.
>>
>> Second, what exactly does the Reset settings feature do; I'm guessing it
>> just restores everything to the default options as when it was originally
>> installed?
>>
>> Now that I'm back to normal in accessing the internet, is there anything
>> need to be sure to do, having used the Reset settings feature?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Pierre Chemins

Re: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
PA Bear,

You have helped me in the past, and I see your name frequently in the
newsgroups. Thank you for doing what you do.

Pierre

> A1. No.
>
> A2. See the More Information section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>

> Pierre Chemins wrote:
>> Windows XP using IE 8
>>
>> While in the midst of having internet access problems, under internet
>> options > advanced, I clicked on Reset Internet Explorer settings.
>>
>> My first question relates to all of the updates I have installed
>> previously
>> using Windows Update. Were those prior installed updates affected at all
>> by
>> what I did? I went to Windows Update, and it didn't identify any updates
>> be installed.
>>
>> Second, what exactly does the Reset settings feature do; I'm guessing it
>> just restores everything to the default options as when it was originally
>> installed?
>>
>> Now that I'm back to normal in accessing the internet, is there anything
>> need to be sure to do, having used the Reset settings feature?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Re: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
You're welcome & thanks very much for your kind words.